none
Error while registering Event Handler RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I have developed the event handler on the Project Server 2010 server machine itself to avoid any conflicts with DLL references. Now I register this event handler with "Project - Created" event, the following is the error I receive in the event log -

SEP: Cannot create instance of the receiver class: PSI_Event_Handler_OnCreated01, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=1333b68ebffbae4f, PSI_Event_Handler.RaiseEvent  Exception: Could not load file or assembly 'PSI_Event_Handler_OnCreated01, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=1333b68ebffbae4f' or one of its dependencies. An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format.

I am unable to find a relevant solution and have almost tried everything that I am aware of. Dont understand what means by - An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format. Request you to kindly help.

Regards,
    Ashutosh Kashyap

Friday, September 7, 2012 4:23 AM

All replies

• What does your code look like? Are you using namespaces? The registration tells not, but Visual Studio typically does create one.

Jan Cirpka

• Proposed as answer by Kashif Nizam Monday, September 10, 2012 7:03 AM
    Friday, September 7, 2012 12:33 PM
  • Try the following tool to register the Event Handler, it works for 2010 too.

http://ps2007eventhandler.codeplex.com/

I hope you already copied the dll into the global assembly.

Restart the Event service and try again.

Cheers. Happy troubleshooting !!! Sriram E - MSFT Enterprise Project Management

Wednesday, September 12, 2012 2:13 AM