[UWP] Suspicious reviews RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I recently received this suspicious one-star review for my app.

Title: ****@gmail.com
    Content:
    Doesn't work. Sucks.

I find this suspicious, firstly because the title is an email address (which I have obfuscated to protect the user in case this was an accident or their address is being used by spammers), and secondly because it's very generic.

At the moment, this isn't a big deal for me, as the review is from Slovenia, which is not a big market, but it seems a shame if this review puts people from Slovenia off downloading the app.
    Is there anything I can do about this?

Thanks.

Monday, October 17, 2016 8:01 PM

Answers

• Hi Ben,
    Maybe you think of bad review as a negative thing. While it’s not exactly negative as a whole, which you could regard as source of improving your app and bad review sometimes could be opportunity to start a conversation between you and your customers.
    If a negative review is very generic, I think you’re supposed to be proactive first. That means you could respond to the review, which not only shows your care for the customer’s feeling, but you have chance to know why that customer is not satisfied. Try to say like “Would you mind…” to show your respect to the customer, even if the customer looks extreme. If you want to make other customers view your response, please check the Make this response public box. Because your response will only be seen by the customer to whom you are responding.
    You might refer to Guidelines for responses.
    However, if a review of your app contains offensive, profane or abusive language, please file a support ticket for assistance. Thank you.

Best regards,
    Mattew Wu

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by Ben48 Tuesday, October 18, 2016 7:34 PM
    Tuesday, October 18, 2016 7:43 AM

All replies

• Hi Ben,
    Maybe you think of bad review as a negative thing. While it’s not exactly negative as a whole, which you could regard as source of improving your app and bad review sometimes could be opportunity to start a conversation between you and your customers.
    If a negative review is very generic, I think you’re supposed to be proactive first. That means you could respond to the review, which not only shows your care for the customer’s feeling, but you have chance to know why that customer is not satisfied. Try to say like “Would you mind…” to show your respect to the customer, even if the customer looks extreme. If you want to make other customers view your response, please check the Make this response public box. Because your response will only be seen by the customer to whom you are responding.
    You might refer to Guidelines for responses.
    However, if a review of your app contains offensive, profane or abusive language, please file a support ticket for assistance. Thank you.

Best regards,
    Mattew Wu

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by Ben48 Tuesday, October 18, 2016 7:34 PM
    Tuesday, October 18, 2016 7:43 AM
  • Hi Matthew,

Thanks for your response. What you say makes sense. I will try writing a response asking for more detailed feedback.
    In this particular this case, I'm not completely convinced the review is genuine (because why would someone post their email address as the title of the review?), but I suppose there's not really any way to tell that.

Best wishes,

Ben

Tuesday, October 18, 2016 7:34 PM
  • To follow up on my previous reply, it turns out it was a genuine review. I submitted a developer response as suggested and got a quick reply from the reviewer. It seems like opening the main menu was unintuitive for the reviewer (I'm hoping for a reply to confirm). Thanks again for suggesting this course of action.
    • Edited by Ben48 Tuesday, October 18, 2016 9:54 PM
    Tuesday, October 18, 2016 9:53 PM