none
Renci SSH.net SFTP adapter in Biztalk 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• hi Team,

We are currently using Tamir.SharpSSH dll for the custom adapter of SFTP in BizTalk 2010. We have started the Azure migration in parallel which will go live in the last month of 2020.

SFTP servers have been migrated their OS from 2008 to 2016 server (EFT server 7.4 is the latest version).

BizTalk adapter is unable to connect to the latest version of SFTP locations. Because of this, we have to change our adapter code.

Renci.SSH.Net is the approved Dll by the client so we have to use this.

Can any one please help me, if you have worked on this dll to create the adapter code. How much it may take to modify the SFTP adapter code (taken from codeplex with tamir.sharpssh) to use Renci.SSH.Net.

Appreciate your help in advance.

Thanks and Regards,
    Veena

Thursday, December 19, 2019 10:52 AM

Answers

• hi all,

Renci.SSH.net dll is being used instead of Tamir.SSH. The connect, sending and receiving functions are changed accordingly to the present dll and the SFTP adapter of BizTalk now connects to the latest sftp locations. Thank you for all your support.

• Marked as answer by Veena H Thursday, February 13, 2020 6:06 AM
    Thursday, February 13, 2020 6:06 AM

All replies

• There is only a very low chance that anyone has done an exercise like that.

I think you will just have to try it, and if you encounter issues, post a specific question about the problem you are having.

The other option is to try other third party adapters, such as nSoftware, that has a SFTP adapter that they keep up to date and seem to work with most SFTP adapters.  You can download a trial version to see if it works.

Thursday, December 19, 2019 7:23 PM
  • hi Colin,

Thanks for considering my query. I cannot use the third party adapter as we have to buy that and my client wont agree to that. SSH.net has been approved dll so we are thinking to go ahead with it. I will try to modify the existing code of Tamir.SSH with the relevant functions of Renci.SSH.net and will post queries. Thank you.

Friday, December 20, 2019 2:45 AM
  • hi all,

I started modifying the code of SFTP adapter by using Renci.SSH. But the Tamir.SharpSSH has a lot number of helper and abstract classes, its taking time. If i am trying to fix one error, 4 of them pop up. Kindly help if anyone has done this before. Thanks a lot in advance.

• Marked as answer by Veena H Thursday, February 13, 2020 6:04 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Veena H Thursday, February 13, 2020 6:06 AM
    Tuesday, December 24, 2019 9:41 AM
  • hi all,

Renci.SSH.net dll is being used instead of Tamir.SSH. The connect, sending and receiving functions are changed accordingly to the present dll and the SFTP adapter of BizTalk now connects to the latest sftp locations. Thank you for all your support.

• Marked as answer by Veena H Thursday, February 13, 2020 6:06 AM
    Thursday, February 13, 2020 6:06 AM
  • What kind of changes did you do in the end? You can create a fork and put your code in the project also and others can help improve and also use this. 
    Wednesday, August 26, 2020 10:06 PM