TextBox Default Height

Question

•    I have a textbox placed inside a grid with the following definition:          

<TextBoxx:Name="textBoxProjectNumber"FontFamily="Century Gothic"FontSize="12"Grid.Row="2"Grid.Column="6"MaxHeight="24"Foreground="Black"IsSpellCheckEnabled="True"BorderThickness="0,0,0,1"BorderBrush="Black"ToolTipService.ToolTip="Enter the project number"TabIndex="21"Padding="0"Margin="0"/>

The height of the grid's row is 24.

The problem is that the height of the textBox keeps defaulting to 32. 

What am I missing?

Thank you in advance for your replies.

Sunday, February 23, 2014 4:57 PM

Answers

• I solved the issue....

Even though the definition above did not show it, the properties windows had a value for Minimum Height which was set to 32. 

Sunday, February 23, 2014 7:17 PM

All replies

• I solved the issue....

Even though the definition above did not show it, the properties windows had a value for Minimum Height which was set to 32. 

Sunday, February 23, 2014 7:17 PM
  • Hi Genaro,

Thank you for sharing the solution with us, take a look at TextBox styles and templates

there is a line which definite the minimum height of the textbox in other resource section:

<x:Double x:Key="TextControlThemeMinHeight">32</x:Double>

--James

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Monday, February 24, 2014 1:47 AM
  • Thank you for your answer.

Where can I find the file that contains that code?

Thanks again.

Sunday, March 02, 2014 1:36 AM
  • The file is a system file, it is read-only for app, the location is: C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\8.1\Include\Winrt\Xaml\Design\generic.xaml

However if you want to customize the TextBox mini Height, modify the textbox style, set the line

//comment this line 
    <Setter Property="MinWidth" Value="{ThemeResource TextControlThemeMinWidth}"/>
    //comment end
    <Setter Property="MinWidth" Value="24">

More information about how to style a control plz ref: Quickstart: Styling controls

--James

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Monday, March 03, 2014 9:20 AM