Visual Studio/TFS won't recognize file RRS feed

• Question

• User565442435 posted

I had to rename my default.aspx file and now every time I try to save it, I get this error http://i.imgur.com/GLZrHni.png

I tried clearing the cache files out of the TFS folders. That didn't work. Also, now when I try to commit, it's saying the file is deleted. Like, there is a line through it, but it's still clearly there. I'll also note that saving in visual studio does actually work. Like it saves the file. How do I fix this? 

Friday, August 7, 2015 9:36 AM

Answers

• User281315223 posted

Are you running Visual Studio with administrative privileges (e.g. Right-click > Run as Adminstrator)? Doing this can usually resolve most issues related to permissions, which this seems like might be the case in this scenario (based on your error message).

Additionally, you might want to manually check that the file exists in the proper folder that Visual Studio is expecting (i.e. Right-click the file and ensure that the location mentioned under properties is correct and that the file is present there).

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Friday, August 7, 2015 9:46 AM
  • User-166373564 posted

Hi,

You can also check whether have permission to access, and follow this to set administrator permissions for Team Foundation Server.

With regards,

Angie 

Tuesday, August 11, 2015 3:13 AM

All replies

• User281315223 posted

Are you running Visual Studio with administrative privileges (e.g. Right-click > Run as Adminstrator)? Doing this can usually resolve most issues related to permissions, which this seems like might be the case in this scenario (based on your error message).

Additionally, you might want to manually check that the file exists in the proper folder that Visual Studio is expecting (i.e. Right-click the file and ensure that the location mentioned under properties is correct and that the file is present there).

Friday, August 7, 2015 9:46 AM
  • User-166373564 posted

Hi,

You can also check whether have permission to access, and follow this to set administrator permissions for Team Foundation Server.

With regards,

Angie 

Tuesday, August 11, 2015 3:13 AM