How to add header to a recorded web test RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I've got some web tests recorded that log in to AzureAD (SAML) where I need to add a header to. I need to add a User-Agent header but when I do add it then the web test fails with the error:

Request failed: Context parameter '$HIDDEN1.__EVENTARGUMENT' not found in test context

Without the header it works as intended without any issues.

Shouldn't a header like this be "benign" ?

Thanks

Monday, June 24, 2019 8:53 AM

All replies

• Some web site return different content for different browsers or operating systems etc, commonly using the user agent to decide what to return. So adding such a header may or may not be benign, perhaps the web site owners or developers can explain.

It may be worth recording another version of the test using a browser type that delivers the user agent string you are adding. Then comparing the new with the original.

Regards

Adrian

Monday, June 24, 2019 6:30 PM
  • Hi AzrPRD,

Sorry to trouble you and just want to confirm that if your question is solved or not, if not, please feel free to let us know, we will try our best to help you out.

BTW, if you think the reply is helpful and could please mark it as answer, that benefits for other community members who meet the similar issue, thanks in advance.

If you have any other VS IDE issues, please let us know.

Have a nice day!

Best Regards,

Dylan

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Thursday, July 4, 2019 6:24 AM