none
CE7 Active Sync Slow RRS feed

• Question

• We are in the process of migrating to CE7 from CE6 R3.  We are using a TI OMAP 3530 processor.  Our BSP is based on the Adeneo EVM3530 BSP.  We have our BSP, SDK and application ported to CE7.  I am currently trying to determine why the time required to update our application using Studio 2008 via USB active sync takes significantly longer than it did using Studio 2005 with CE6.  Has anyone else run into this issue? 

I checked the target registry settings under [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\USB\FunctionDrivers].  I don't see anything different between our CE6 and CE7 registry settings.

Thanks,
    Ed Zucker

Tuesday, January 22, 2013 10:43 PM

All replies

• Hi Ed,

Is it the same Host PC are you using to test. Also is USB enumerated at High Speed in both CE 6 and CE7.

Are you using a customized BSP or EM 3530 BSP which is shipped along with WINCE700 installation.

Regards,

GSR

Wednesday, January 23, 2013 4:51 AM
  • Hi GSR,

The hardware (both PC and target) have not changed.  We are a medical device company (Covidien formerly Newport Medical Instruments).  The BSPs we are using were created by Adeneo.  We start with the Adeneo BSP for the EVM3530 and drivers to support our hardware.

Where do I look to see if USB is enumerated at high speed?  I don't see anything in the registry settings for the USB serial_class that refers to high speed. 

Thanks,
    Ed Zucker

Wednesday, January 23, 2013 6:35 PM