none
Mouse Scroll in dynamic combobox Excel 2016 64bit Windows 10 64bit RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, we've got a problem:

we've got a problem:

In the office we use an Excel file with macros and one of them enables the mouse wheel in the combobox. We used this file with many versions of Excel from 2003 to 2016 and Excel 2010 64-bit. Everything worked perfectly until we have updated the computer with Office 2016 64-bit: the mouse wheel scroll works for a few seconds then inevitably the application crashes and restarts. If I disable the use of the wheel application works perfectly but we would like to use it. Please can you help us?

Here's the code macro code

Monday, October 3, 2016 11:51 AM

All replies

• It's hard to go through the code on that link but it looks like it's been adapted from an approach I posted some years ago. However it includes some things I wouldn't and doesn't include some things that help it work better,such as stop the hook if the mouse isn't over the control (unless I missed it)

At a glance there are various inconsistencies with the declarations required for x64, in particular all pointers and handles must be declared as LongPtr, also the simple if ..> 0 Then up Else down doesn't work as expected in x64 but varies with systems.  It's much more sensitive to errors in x64 so any error in all that worksheet module code might contribute to any crash, but hard to create without the source file and objects.

It looks like you posted the same question in at least one other forum at the same time and possibly others. It would take a long time to correct and test your code so it's better to post in one place only, or at the very least link your posts, so people responding do not end up duplicating what others might already have attempted elsewhere.

Wednesday, October 5, 2016 9:08 AM
  • Hi Cin,

Did the suggestion from Peter work for you?

I suggest you debug your code line by line in Excel 2016 64bit to check whether line cause this issue. I try to reproduce your issue, but I am not able to run with shared code. It would be helpful if you could share us your simple file.

In addition, I suggest you try the link below:

# Use mouse wheel in Excel dynamic combobox not working on Excel 2010

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/36621795/use-mouse-wheel-in-excel-dynamic-combobox-not-working-on-excel-2010

Best Regards,

Edward

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, October 12, 2016 8:41 AM