Azure WebApp with Bitbucket - pack has X unresolved deltas?? RRS feed

• Question

• Hoping someone is able to assist with this. We have a website that use CI deployment via a connection to Bitbucket. It has been working fine for some time, but last night and today I have been getting errors when Kudu tries to do a git fetch against the repository. When I look at the logs, I see the following message (at the tail of the log - I omitted the rest of the log since it is just reporting percentage progress of each step):

Resolving deltas:  96% (152/158), completed with 55 local objects.
    fatal: pack has 6 unresolved deltas
    remote: Total 214 (delta 158), reused 33 (delta 15)        
    fatal: index-pack failed

D:\Program Files (x86)\Git\cmd\git.exe fetch origin --progress

Any ideas what might cause it and how I can resolve it? I have tried disconnecting and reconnecting the deployment source, but the issue persists. I have also tried running this command against the same branch (master) locally and it works fine.

Friday, December 9, 2016 3:35 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Thank you for posting here!

If you haven’t enabled diagnostic logging earlier, I would suggest you to enable to check the complete logs and root cause of the issue.

You may check the Git issue1 and issue2 which addressed similar issue.

Also, you may want to check the article Troubleshooting Web App deployment issues when using Git / GitHub for trouble shooting Git issues.

Let us know if that helps.

Regards,

Ashok

• Marked as answer by Zach Bussinger Monday, December 12, 2016 3:06 PM
    Saturday, December 10, 2016 5:39 AM
  • Maybe the repo somehow got into a bad state. You can try looking at it via Kudu Console (under sites\repository). If all else fails, you can delete it altogether (rd /s /q ), and it should get recreated on the next deployment.
    Sunday, December 11, 2016 10:55 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Thank you for posting here!

If you haven’t enabled diagnostic logging earlier, I would suggest you to enable to check the complete logs and root cause of the issue.

You may check the Git issue1 and issue2 which addressed similar issue.

Also, you may want to check the article Troubleshooting Web App deployment issues when using Git / GitHub for trouble shooting Git issues.

Let us know if that helps.

Regards,

Ashok

Saturday, December 10, 2016 5:39 AM
  • Maybe the repo somehow got into a bad state. You can try looking at it via Kudu Console (under sites\repository). If all else fails, you can delete it altogether (rd /s /q ), and it should get recreated on the next deployment.
    Sunday, December 11, 2016 10:55 PM
  • Hi guys - thanks for the suggestions. I tried deleting the repository files but I am running into access denied errors on two of the folders under the .git\objects folder. Everything else deleted fine.

Now, when my build runs I get a similar error but it does not make it as far... I am seeing this:

esolving deltas:   9% (2438/26832)   \rfatal: SHA1 COLLISION FOUND WITH 1c5346c4747519e80df550f015258b2a9c207da3 !\nremote: Total 39808 (delta 26832), reused 33288 (delta 22136)        \nfatal: index-pack failed\n\r\nD:\Program Files (x86)\Git\cmd\git.exe fetch origin --progress

Any thoughts on how to get rid of these files? My last resort will be to recreate the web app but I'm trying to avoid that if I can.

Monday, December 12, 2016 12:42 PM
  • Actually, it seems to have cleared up now. Whatever had a lock on those files must have released. Seems that the build is stable again - thanks guys!
    Monday, December 12, 2016 3:06 PM