Use Gameport in small basic RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

does anyone know how to implement a lib for using the gameport in small basic?

Are there any information how to extend small basic with own libs? (i have searched, bit did not find anythink helpful to start with)

thansk for any feedback

Friday, August 19, 2011 1:51 PM

Answers

All replies

• There is no extension for using game port, but Data Extension has support for xbox controller.

If you want create own extension create project for new dll use .Net 3.5 and add reference to SmallBasicLibrary.

All interfaces for Small Basic must be static and data types must be Primitive and classes must have SmallBasicType attribute

Litdev has sources for few extensions:

https://skydrive.live.com/browse.aspx/.Public/SmallBasic/C^N%20Extensions?cid=92f7df0e57232aba&sc=documents

Sorry My Bad English
    Friday, August 19, 2011 3:22 PM
  • Dear,

thank you for the fast reply. I have download and install your Lib, but when i use the GameController function i always get a exeption.

I do not know how the XBox Controller is different from a normal Gameport or USB Joystick, but it looks that your Lib only support the XBox Hardware.

I will try to buil with C# a simple lib for using the old Style Gameport - for the kids it is very funny if they could use the Jyostick when start developing simple games.

Best regards!

Monday, August 22, 2011 10:44 AM
  • Making extension for Jyostick was my original idea for GameController but because I don't have one I couldn't test it so I made it for Xbox controller.

All gameport and usb joysticks can be used through DirectInput. I have used this interface before when I had a joystick.

And if you need any help with making your assembly Small Basic visible just ask for help from this forum.

Sorry My Bad English
    Monday, August 22, 2011 12:43 PM
  • More recently, Gungan made a joystick and game controller extension...

Joystick/Game Controller Extension (v1, prereq) - by gungan37

See all extensions here: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/smallbasic/archive/2012/10/12/small-basic-extensions-gallery.aspx

Thanks!

Ed Price (a.k.a User Ed), SQL Server Customer Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)

Friday, October 26, 2012 4:35 PM
  • Hi. I wrote tha extension, like Ed said. Unfortunately, it is only tested with USB joysticks. Gameport ones might work, but no guarantees, sorry. If you can do some testing, I would love to help you get GamePort working.

Please mark any answers and "vote as helpful" any posts that help you!

Friday, October 26, 2012 5:07 PM
    Answerer