PowerPivot 2012 RC0 Dashboard Error RRS feed

• Question

• I created a new service application in SharePoint 2010 and when I go to open the PowerPivot dashbard it gives me an error.  I used the Correlation GUID and ULS Viewer and found this exception:

Microsoft.AnalysisServices.SharePoint.Integration.Redirector.RedirectorException: The PowerPivot service application could not connect to the Analysis Services instance.

at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.SharePoint.Integration.GeminiServiceApplicationProxy.ExecuteWithRetriesOnDiffEndpoints(String operationName, CodeToRunOnChannel codeBlock, Int32 numOfRetries)

at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.SharePoint.Integration.GeminiServiceApplicationProxy.GetLastDataRefreshFailedRuns(Int32 days, Int32 topCount)

at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.SharePoint.Integration.DataRefreshFailureWebPart.GetDataTable()

at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.SharePoint.Integration.DataRefreshFailureWebPart.CreateChildControls()

at System.Web.UI.Control.EnsureChildControls()

at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal()

at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

Tuesday, January 31, 2012 4:12 PM

Answers

•  

"Microsoft.AnalysisServices.SharePoint.Integration.Redirector.RedirectorException: The PowerPivot service application could not connect to the Analysis Services instance."

From above line (under lined) in your error message , there could be some problem with your SQL server instance to which your power pivot app is pointing to.

Check whether the instance is existing or not and also whether you have permissions on it .

Wednesday, February 1, 2012 9:50 AM