How to get master Page in sharepoint 2007 to deploy in another portal? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I want to know from where i will get master page in server. I have sharepoint portal with master page deployed.

Now i want to use same master page in different portal but i am not able to find the file so i can deploy in different portal.

Can you guide me where i will get the master page in server.

Regards, Bhakti Chouksey
    • Moved by Xue-Mei Chang-MSFTModerator Monday, June 20, 2011 3:40 AM moss2007 issue (From:SharePoint 2010 - General Questions and Answers)
    • Edited by Mike Walsh FIN Monday, June 20, 2011 6:55 AM Where i Will replaced in Title with How to + ?. Write impersonal titles.
    • Moved by Mike Walsh FIN Monday, June 20, 2011 6:56 AM General is the wrong pre-SP 2010 forum. Master page questions go to design/customization only (From:SharePoint - General Question and Answers and Discussion (pre-SharePoint 2010))
    Wednesday, June 15, 2011 11:28 AM

Answers

All replies

1. Open the site with SharePoint Designer 2007 (for a 2007 site)
    2. Browse to all files
    3. Click "_Catalog"
    4. Click "Masterpage"

If you have a custom master page uploaded to the portal, simply look at your site collection settings to determine the URL and then navigate to that library and download the .master file in question.

I trust that answers your question...

Thanks
    C

http://www.cjvandyk.com/blog | LinkedIn | Facebook | Twitter | Codeplex
    Wednesday, June 15, 2011 12:29 PM
    Answerer
  • Hi cornelius

Thanks for reply.

I updated in sharepoint but not able to save, i want to complete package so i can to another server and deploy in new portal.

I have custom master page can you guide me how can i look in site collection setting and get the package.

Regards, Bhakti Chouksey
    Wednesday, June 15, 2011 12:49 PM
  • Hi,

From your thread title, I suppose that you are using SharePoint 2007, so I moved the thread to SharePoint - General Question and Answers and Discussion (pre-SharePoint 2010)

If you want to find the master page in site settings, you can go to site settings>in Galleries section, select mater pages and page layouts, you can get your master page from there.

Xue-Mei Chang
    Monday, June 20, 2011 3:53 AM
  • > thnks cornelius

Does this mean that Cornelius's reply solved your problem?

If so please say so and/or mark his post as an answer.

It's a waste of forum space to just write Thanks for a post.   (and confusing too - does this mean thanks for the post or thanks for the answer ? )

SP 2010 "FAQ" (mainly useful links): http://wssv4faq.mindsharp.com/default.aspx
    WSS3/MOSS FAQ (FAQ and Links) http://wssv3faq.mindsharp.com/default.aspx
    Both also have links to extensive book lists and to (free) on-line chapters
    Monday, June 20, 2011 7:02 AM