Would like Windows Live Mail Tile to display mail count and update

Question

• I downloaded and installed the Windows Live Mil desktop application. It would be a good thing if the tile in the Metro view would display the mail count and update if new mail arrives. Is there anything in in the hopper to either enable this, or to develop a metro app to do this? It would also be nice to have an integrated metro app that has both email and calendar, as MS Outlook does today. Any plans for this? By the way, I am writing this from the metro tile for IE 10. I love the fact that it performs real tine spell checking, at least in this forum without my having to do anything.
    Gateway laptop Windows 7 Professional SP1
    Sunday, December 11, 2011 9:20 PM

Answers

All replies

• We do not know if there is an updated Metro app for Windows Live Mail. We will have to wait and see once Metro apps are available in the Windows Store for Windows Developer Preview if there is an update.

Thanks,
    Marilyn
    Monday, December 12, 2011 3:31 AM
  • I think we've got a pretty good idea about the presence of an updated Mail app in a future build...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYOA1k-nfJI

• Marked as answer by blegs38552 Monday, December 12, 2011 2:09 PM
    Monday, December 12, 2011 5:36 AM
  • Looks like something is in the works. Any idea if this will be available for the beta (or sooner)?
    Gateway laptop Windows 7 Professional SP1
    Monday, December 12, 2011 2:11 PM
  • It would not be available any sooner than the Beta. We will have to wait and see if available in Beta version.

Marilyn
    Wednesday, December 14, 2011 3:58 AM