Virtual directory and asp-script problem RRS feed

• Question

• User1616958027 posted

I have an asp-script in a folder (below a root EPiServer folder). I have created a virtual directory in IIS (7.5) pointing to the (child) folder and I'm having some problems getting the script to run. I have added the following to the web.config (in the child map - mychildfolder - to my EPiServer solution map):

<location path="mychildfolder" inheritInChildApplications="false">
    <system.webServer>
    <directoryBrowse enabled="true" />
    <handlers>
    <add name="ASP" path="*.asp" verb="*" modules="IsapiModule" scriptProcessor="C:\Windows\System32\inetsrv\asp.dll" resourceType="Unspecified" preCondition="bitness64" />
    </handlers>
    <defaultDocument>
    <files>
    <add value="index.asp" />
    </files>
    </defaultDocument>
    </system.webServer>
    </location>

When I try to run the script I get 403 access problems... and the index.asp file doesn't run - I get returned to my default  Page not found. The IIS_IUSER is added to the directory and has read rights. Anyone with an idea of what the problem could be?

Friday, September 27, 2013 8:10 AM

Answers

All replies

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Friday, September 27, 2013 8:16 AM
  • User1616958027 posted

Thanks! I followed the instructions and managed to get it to work... kind of :) One of the scripts I have is using a database (mdb) and it seems like there is a problem with the "database" part of the script (same script is working on another server - but I need to move it)... It's a local database... which I have moved as well of course. When I remove the following code from the page it's working... otherwise its not (I get 500 error) Any ideas on why and what I can do?

<%
    Dim Aktion,lista
    Aktion = Request.QueryString("action")
    lista = Request.QueryString("list")

'Function RandomNumber(IntHighestNumber)
    'Randomize
    'RandomNumber = Int(intHighestNumber * Rnd) + 1
    'End Function

Dim Conn,rs,sql,strconnect

Set Conn=Server.Createobject("ADODB.Connection")
    Conn.Open "Acon"
    Set rs=Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")
    SQL="Select * From acon order by Datum DESC"
    rs.Open SQL, Conn, 3,3
    %>

Monday, September 30, 2013 10:54 AM
  • User-718146471 posted

Unfortunately, you've gone beyond the scope of this forum. We can advise you on how to get the server configured however debugging your classic ASP Vbscript is beyond the extent of this forum. I would suggest for that part post a message in a forum that covers classic ASP like bytes.com or stackoverflow.com.

Monday, September 30, 2013 10:57 AM
  • User1616958027 posted

Okey, I didn't so much mean to get help with the script (It's working alright - when it's working)... It's just weird that the page/script works on one server and not on the other (the new one). I wonder if there could be some kind of setting in IIS preventing it from working...

Tuesday, October 1, 2013 2:27 AM
  • User-718146471 posted

If it does any kind of server side includes, you have to turn that stuff on in IIS.

Tuesday, October 1, 2013 10:02 AM