none
Get print job data (the complete document) and put to other print queue RRS feed

• Question

• Dear all,

Is there any way to copy the print job  (I mean the whole print document) and put to other print queue to print? Please advise.

Michael

Wednesday, June 6, 2012 3:58 PM

Answers

• Hi Michael,

Welcome to the MSDN Forum.

How about this way?

Monitor on a print queue, when it receive a print job, stop it to execute, and redirect the print job to another print queue?

So how to monitor a print queue: http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/3313/Monitoring-a-Printer-Queue-from-VB-NET 

How to monitor a printer queue from Visual Basic .NET

When it receive a print job, use GetJob method to retrieve it, and Add it to another printqueue by AddJob.

I hope this will be helpful.

Best regards,

Mike Feng
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Friday, June 8, 2012 8:08 AM

All replies

• Hi Michael,

Welcome to the MSDN Forum.

How about this way?

Monitor on a print queue, when it receive a print job, stop it to execute, and redirect the print job to another print queue?

So how to monitor a print queue: http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/3313/Monitoring-a-Printer-Queue-from-VB-NET 

How to monitor a printer queue from Visual Basic .NET

When it receive a print job, use GetJob method to retrieve it, and Add it to another printqueue by AddJob.

I hope this will be helpful.

Best regards,

Mike Feng
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Friday, June 8, 2012 8:08 AM
  • Thanks Mike! I think it will work, we will give it a try.

Michael.

Friday, June 8, 2012 8:24 AM
  • Hi Michael,

How about this issue now?

I have marked my reply as answer, if you think it provide no help, please feel free to unmark it and follow up.

Best regards,

Mike Feng

Monday, June 18, 2012 1:41 PM