Just downloaded VBExpress Edition and have a question. RRS feed

• Question

• I downloaded VBExpress Edition last night, registered it and this morning I recieved an email
    thanking me and giving me a link to download FREE photos, icons and stuff.
    email -
    "Registration Benefits

We are pleased to provide the following registration benefits for registered customers:

• Stock photography — Download 250 royalty-free images from Corbis for inclusion in your applications
    • Icons — Download a collection of professional, royalty-free icons for use within your applications
    • Components — Download a selection of components for use in applications you build
    • E-book — Download an electronic version of Microsoft® Visual Basic® 2005 Express Edition: Build a Program Now! from Microsoft Press

Accessing your registration benefits is easy. Simply go to the Registration Benefit Portal for further instructions."

The problem I'm having is that the link takes me to Microsoft Connect:

:Welcome to Microsoft Connect, the new product development collaboration site at Microsoft."

Do I have to sign up for one of these programs?

Anybody know where I can download the free stuff?

Thanks

Thursday, April 27, 2006 11:26 AM

Answers

• If you would go to https://connect.microsoft.com/myparticipation.aspx you will get a login page where you need to fill in the same .NET Passport details you've used for registering the Visual Studio 2005 Express package.

After logging in you'll see a list of all the "projects" you are participating in. Within this list you should be seeing an item called: Visual Studio 2005 Registration Benefits Portal. If you click on this particular link you'll get a message similar to:

Visual Studio 2005 Registration Benefits Available Now!

Click on the the "Click to Access!" link to see list of available downloads of the Visual Studio 2005 Registration Benefits Portal. You'll be able to find the "IconBuffet Studio Edition Icon Suite", "Corbis Images", etc in there.

Thursday, April 27, 2006 1:35 PM

All replies

•  

Once connected to the connect system you should see an option to go to My participation you should see an option there to go to the benefits.

Thursday, April 27, 2006 11:49 AM
  • This is all I get then I go there:
    My Participation

This table shows the programs you are participating in, and any additional actions that you need to take. If you want to end your participation in a program, you can click the “Decline Participation” link.
    (you are not yet participating in any programs)

Join a Program!

See a list of programs available for participation, and apply today!

View available programs

I did find this website: http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/express/register/
    but gives me the same runaround.

Did they stop doing this?

Thursday, April 27, 2006 12:22 PM
  • If you would go to https://connect.microsoft.com/myparticipation.aspx you will get a login page where you need to fill in the same .NET Passport details you've used for registering the Visual Studio 2005 Express package.

After logging in you'll see a list of all the "projects" you are participating in. Within this list you should be seeing an item called: Visual Studio 2005 Registration Benefits Portal. If you click on this particular link you'll get a message similar to:

Visual Studio 2005 Registration Benefits Available Now!

Click on the the "Click to Access!" link to see list of available downloads of the Visual Studio 2005 Registration Benefits Portal. You'll be able to find the "IconBuffet Studio Edition Icon Suite", "Corbis Images", etc in there.

Thursday, April 27, 2006 1:35 PM
  • Here's an update.
    Evidently you have to wait a couple days for the
    : Visual Studio 2005 Registration Benefits Portal. to show up.

I downloaded all the free stuff this morning.

Thanks for the help.

Saturday, April 29, 2006 2:53 PM