Printing reports is not working in Firefox RRS feed

• Question

• User130047510 posted

Hi,

I have project which uses the RDLC reports i have successfully printed the reports from Chrome and Edge but i have failed to print from Firefox(versions : 45,56 and 57) and after pressing the print button i am getting your "PDF is ready" and no print preview as in Chrome.

I have followed this article  Integrating Reporting Services Using ReportViewer Controls - Get Started

Please note am talking about Report Viewer 2016 control and not about the old one which uses the activeX.

Thanks in advance.

Tuesday, December 5, 2017 5:30 PM

All replies

• User347430248 posted

Hi tareqsaleh,

please try to check printer settings in Mozila FireFox.

are you able to print in other version of Firefox except 45, 56 , 57?

I did not get any specific reason for this issue.

as a work around , you can try to refer link below may solve your issue.

How to add Cross-Browser Printing to ASP.NET ReportViewer toolbar

Regards

Deepak

Wednesday, December 6, 2017 1:47 AM
  • User130047510 posted

Here is a comparison between Firefox & Chrome behavior in the printing preview

Firefox

Firefox Preview

Chrome

Chrome Preview

Wednesday, December 6, 2017 7:26 AM
  • User991499041 posted

Hi Tareqsaleh,

Try Firefox Safe Mode to see if the problem goes away. Firefox Safe Mode is a troubleshooting mode that temporarily turns off hardware acceleration, resets some settings, and disables add-ons (extensions and themes).

If Firefox is open, you can restart in Firefox Safe Mode from the Help menu:

• click the menu button New Fx Menu , click Help Help-29 and select Restart with Add-ons Disabled.

If Firefox is not running, you can start Firefox in Safe Mode as follows:

• On Windows: Hold the Shift key when you open the Firefox desktop or Start menu shortcut.

When the Firefox Safe Mode window appears, select "Start in Safe Mode".

Safe Mode Fx 15 - Win

If the issue is not present in Firefox Safe Mode, your problem is probably caused by an extension, theme, or hardware acceleration. Please follow the steps in the Troubleshoot extensions, themes and hardware acceleration issues to solve common Firefox problems article to find the cause.

You can also try Fix printing problems in Firefox https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/fix-printing-problems-firefox

Since you can print from Chrome and Edge, I suppose this could be the Firefox issue, you could get help from Firefox Support Forum https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/firefox 

Regards,

zxj

Wednesday, December 6, 2017 7:59 AM
  • User130047510 posted

Thank you zxi for your reply but the reporting control is supposed to work in any modern browser as they said also this problem with different versions of Firefox .

Saturday, December 9, 2017 3:51 PM
  • User991499041 posted

Hi Tareqsaleh,

Thank you zxi for your reply but the reporting control is supposed to work in any modern browser as they said also this problem with different versions of Firefox .

I still think this is a Firefox problem. Previous versions have also experienced such problems.

in case it has the the same printing problems, you could then file a bug report at https://github.com/mozilla/pdf.js/issues 

Regards,

zxj

Monday, December 11, 2017 6:38 AM