none
Office 365 like Simplified Ribbon Control Support for MFC RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have two questions.

1) With the new simplified ribbon control introduced in Office 365 and I think for Office 2019, does the support for classic ribbon control going to end sometime sooner? What I think is that the new simplified ribbon control will be features as an optional feature over the classic ribbon control and both will remain available for developers? Please elaborate.

2) Just like the support of classic ribbon control has been added to MFC, does Microsoft has any plans for supporting the new simplified ribbon control in MFC?

Thanks

Wajahat

Friday, September 13, 2019 4:55 AM

All replies

• Hello WajahatRaza,

For first question,

There is no official document about end of support for classic ribbon. It gives users a choice to choose between classic and simplified ribbon. If you still have a concern you can submit a user voice. For Microsoft Office, you can refer to here for how to give a feedback.

For second question,

For Ribbon Designer in MFC you can ask a question at this forum for more professional support.

If you have any problem in development of Ribbons in Win32 application feel free to post the issue here.

Best regards,

Rita

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, September 13, 2019 7:26 AM
  • Hi Rita,

Thanks a lot for your feedback.

Friday, September 13, 2019 8:13 AM