Import Excel spreadsheet To Sharepoint List RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am having sharepoint 2010 RTM trial on Windows Server 2008 SP2. I want to populate csv filke data to new sharepoint list. I am using custom List Wizard to achieve this...

When I Import csv on server then everything is fine but when i inport csv from client, i get the following error

"The Specified is not valid Spreadsheet or contains no data to import"

I have also checked to import excel workbook but it gives the same error on client and do great on server.....

can anybody have any idea what is wrong ??

thanks

Tuesday, August 31, 2010 10:24 AM

Answers

• Hi Ovais,

This is due to the client not being a member of the domain and or not having the site that your adding the file to member of the Local Intranet Zone in IE on the client, after making these changes it will work fine...

-Ivan

Hi,

I am having sharepoint 2010 RTM trial on Windows Server 2008 SP2. I want to populate csv filke data to new sharepoint list. I am using custom List Wizard to achieve this...

When I Import csv on server then everything is fine but when i inport csv from client, i get the following error

I have also checked to import excel workbook but it gives the same error on client and do great on server.....

thanks

Ivan Sanders My LinkedIn Profile, My Blog, @iasanders.
    • Marked as answer by Ovais Ashraf Wednesday, September 1, 2010 4:07 AM
    Tuesday, August 31, 2010 11:36 AM

All replies

• Hi Ovais,

This is due to the client not being a member of the domain and or not having the site that your adding the file to member of the Local Intranet Zone in IE on the client, after making these changes it will work fine...

-Ivan

Hi,

thanks

Ivan Sanders My LinkedIn Profile, My Blog, @iasanders.
    • Marked as answer by Ovais Ashraf Wednesday, September 1, 2010 4:07 AM
    Tuesday, August 31, 2010 11:36 AM
  • Thanks for the answer
    Wednesday, September 1, 2010 4:08 AM