Ribbon improvement suggestion

General discussion

• Regarding the Ribbon....here's a suggestion.

When the Ribbon is hidden/minimized, and then you click on one of the Ribbon Tabs to show it, then it would be lovely if the other tabs in the Ribbon would then hot track when the mouse cursor hovers over them .... a la menu top level menu item behaviour.....this would make it infinitely easier to quickly be able to scan whats in a ribbon.

Being more aggressive you could also hottrack the initial Ribbon tab interaction i.e. with a collapsed Ribbon as soon the mouse cursor is over a Ribbon tab title show it..thus alleviating an additional RSI inducing click.

Failing that, add the Visual Studio 2011 ability to filter/search for commands so they can be found easily.

Wednesday, September 14, 2011 1:49 PM

All replies

• Thanks for the suggestion.  With the addition of the ribbon, we know there will be a learning curve for both our users and for MS to hit the mark with the right functions.  We are reviewing these suggestions as we march ahead in our development.

Thanks again for the feedback,

Charles

Friday, September 16, 2011 12:49 AM
  • I have to say, I kind of hate the new ribbon in Explorer on the Dev build.  I feel like I have WordPad open all of the time...
    • Edited by Rob-HPC Friday, September 16, 2011 7:55 PM
    Friday, September 16, 2011 7:54 PM