Creating parent-child relationship in SP 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to create a parent child relationship for my list of projects… I want users to be able to see all the child projects that are associated to the parent project (can be hyper link, just data, or etc) for visibility purposes … I also want some automation in project health…I need dependency on the child project health to effect parent project’s health...

E.g. project a2(child)  goes red -- > project 1 (parent) must become red

PS(I want to keep both parent projects and child projects in one single list)

I have seen SP2010 sites that have such a feature…could you please give me some instructions please///

Thanks

Friday, April 5, 2013 7:52 PM

Answers

• Hi

i believe you can achieve as mentioned below

1) create a parent list to store only the project id and project name

2)create a second list to capture the project details, in this list create a lookup column(parent proj) and link with the project name from the first list. Also create one more column to capture the child project name. while creating data parentProj column always sets value from the first list.

3)Create a grouped view on the second list based on the parent proj column hence all the projects which come under the "ParentProj 1" gets under the same group.

Regards  Roy Joyson
    Please remember to mark your question as "answered"/"Vote helpful" if this solves/helps your problem.

Roy Joyson

• Marked as answer by Emir Liu Thursday, April 18, 2013 5:08 AM
    Saturday, April 6, 2013 6:45 AM