none
Need for an architectural point of view about Containers RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Currently, the vast majority of information about Windows containers are focused on configuration steps.

That's for sure really practical, but I would like to underline the need to also have information about Windows containers architecture from a storage, compute and network perspectives.

Getting pictures out of PowerShell commands, is perhaps not the best way in the learning curve to master a subject.

Do you also would like that Microsoft introduces Windows Container concepts from an architectural and design point of view ?

Olivier Hault (Level IT - www.level-it.be)

• Edited by ohault Saturday, November 21, 2015 12:02 PM
    Saturday, November 21, 2015 12:01 PM

Answers

• Thanks for the feedback. The Windows container docs are in a state of active development, I will include your feedback as we plan the next doc iteration.

Thanks

neilp

Monday, November 23, 2015 5:23 AM

All replies

• Thanks for the feedback. The Windows container docs are in a state of active development, I will include your feedback as we plan the next doc iteration.

Thanks

neilp

Monday, November 23, 2015 5:23 AM
  • We are also interested in  detailed container capabilities, because we prefer to run apps in containers rather than in VMs.

* What's the capabilities for legacy Win32 applications, such as Services, GUI support, DirectX technology and so on.

* The requirements for installers, i found most installer could not be run in containers due to lack of components . So, we want to know the difference between installing an application on 'normal' system and container. 

* The capability or requirements for drivers.

We know that it's still in TP stage and many features are under developing, so, what we need is something like a basic guideline. Then, we can seek the possibility for migrating our apps into containers instead of VMs.  Thanks !

Tuesday, November 24, 2015 2:52 AM