Details Picker Showing wrong column RRS feed

• Question

• I have a screen created from a table that has an employeeid field.  This table has a relationship to the employee table that has employee name among other columns.  However, when I add this employeeid field to my screen it becomes a details picker control...which is great...issue is that it displays the wrong column.  How can i set what column gets displayed both when editing that particular record and then when I click the plus sign to change the employee..as the wrong column is displayed there as well.

I actually got the Employee name to display but chaning the "Details Picker" to a Columns Layout but then I dont get the plus sign to change the employee.  

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Tuesday, May 27, 2014 4:49 PM

Answers

• Beneath the Details Picker is a child control which is displayed as a popup when you click the plus sign. 

By default this is a Summary Control.  To change the displayed property in the summary control you must change the Summary Property of the respective table like so:

1) Open the Employees Table in Designer

2) Select HTML Client perspective at the bottom

3) Select Name property under Summary Property in properties pane

Alternatively, you can change the Summary Control (beneath the Details Picker in the screen designer) to a Rows Layout and include the Employee Name label beneath the Rows Layout.

Both options will result in the same UI behavior (Details Picker with Plus sign - Emp Name in Picklist).  The first will change all screens having Employee Summary Control while the latter will change only this screen.

HTH,

Josh

• Marked as answer by Voyagr12 Tuesday, May 27, 2014 8:01 PM
    Tuesday, May 27, 2014 5:55 PM

All replies

• Beneath the Details Picker is a child control which is displayed as a popup when you click the plus sign. 

By default this is a Summary Control.  To change the displayed property in the summary control you must change the Summary Property of the respective table like so:

1) Open the Employees Table in Designer

2) Select HTML Client perspective at the bottom

3) Select Name property under Summary Property in properties pane

Alternatively, you can change the Summary Control (beneath the Details Picker in the screen designer) to a Rows Layout and include the Employee Name label beneath the Rows Layout.

Both options will result in the same UI behavior (Details Picker with Plus sign - Emp Name in Picklist).  The first will change all screens having Employee Summary Control while the latter will change only this screen.

HTH,

Josh

• Marked as answer by Voyagr12 Tuesday, May 27, 2014 8:01 PM
    Tuesday, May 27, 2014 5:55 PM
  • Very nice!  Thank you.  Worked like a charm...

now, is there anyway to get the resultant selection list to be based on a query so that the employee names can be sorted/filtered? :)

thanks!

Tuesday, May 27, 2014 6:09 PM
  • That would be the Choices property of the Details Picker control.
    Tuesday, May 27, 2014 6:15 PM
  • It just says "Auto" with no other options?
    Tuesday, May 27, 2014 6:25 PM
  • It will show all queries for the respective entity.  Create a query on employee table then you'll see it.
    Tuesday, May 27, 2014 6:29 PM
  • I had the query but didnt see it....then found that i needed to add that query to the screen via the add data item...then i was able to select it.

Thanks!

Tuesday, May 27, 2014 8:01 PM