How do I get more details regarding a failed application test for an Outlook plugin? RRS feed

• Question

• I used the Office App Compatibility Kit to validate an Outlook plugin I created,and the result is “The app manifest does not comply with the expected schema.”

Our manifest file is auto generated by Microsoft Visual Studio, so I don't know what is incorrect or missing. How do I get more details regarding the failed test result?

Friday, January 8, 2016 7:03 PM

Answers

All replies

• Do you have MS Exchange in you lab?

Please try to upload your manifest file to Exchange using ECP -> Organization -> Apps/Add-ins, it'll tell you what wrong with your file with the exact reasons and the position of the issue in the file.

Monday, January 11, 2016 7:06 AM
  • Hi Skyage,

As far as I know, the current manifest schema for Office Add-ins is manifest schema version 1.1. Please check whether the version is correct.

If not, we need to update the exiting the project to the latest version. Please refer to the link below about more detail:
    Update the version of your JavaScript API for Office and manifest schema files

In addition, here are some an helpful links for publishing the apps to store for your reference:
    Validation policies for apps and add-ins submitted to the Office Store (version 1.9)

Office Store app and add-in submission FAQ

Regards & Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, January 11, 2016 7:41 AM
  • Just to be clear, I've created an Outlook plugin/Add-in for the desktop application, and it’s a VSTO Add-in.

Monday, January 11, 2016 3:30 PM
  • Hi Skygage,

There is no manifest in the VSTO add-in. VSTO Add-ins consist of an assembly that is associated with a Microsoft Office application. Typically, the VSTO Add-in runs when the associated application is started, although users can also load VSTO Add-ins after the application is already running. Features in VSTO Add-ins that you create are available to the application itself, regardless of which documents are open.

The apps for Office could install on lots of device, like windows desktop, tablet, OS X desktop, smartphone and etc.

You can get more detail about this topic from link below:
    Requirements for running Office Add-ins

Regards & Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, January 12, 2016 7:59 AM