Create workflow to append merged word template to existing item RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Overview.

User creates a new item in a custom list/ library within SharePoint and a word document based on template (with data merged from the custom list) is automatically created and saved as an attachment to the item that the user has just created.

Now I have no issues getting a workflow to create a merged word document from a template and save the document to a different library (for example see link http://www.quercussolutions.com/blog/index.php/out-of-the-box-document-generation-in-sharepoint-2/ )

However...how do i attach this word document to the list item the user has just created?

Just for context the user will be creating an employee recruitment form. The list item will contain all the data for the form, once saved a Recruitment Request Form will automatically be emailed to the Recruitment Company and a copy of the form saved as an attachment against the list item.

No coding is allowed!!!

Hope that makes sense and that someone can help :)

Thanks

Paul

Wednesday, April 9, 2014 8:46 AM

Answers

• Hi,

According to your post, my understanding is that you wanted to email Recruitment Request Form to the Recruitment Company and saved a copy of the form as an attachment against the list item.

There is no out of the box way to accomplish this with SharePoint.

To save a copy of the form as an attachment against the list item, you need to create Custom Activity to Attach Document to ListItem. You can refer to:Workflow Action : Attach Document to ListItem

To email Recruitment Request Form to the Recruitment Company, you can use the packs on Codeplex which offer this:

SharePoint 2010 Send Emails With Attachments

Send Email with List Item attachments

Thanks,

Linda Li

Forum Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Linda Li
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by JasonGuo Sunday, April 20, 2014 8:14 AM
    Thursday, April 10, 2014 4:25 AM