none
.net framework installation issues RRS feed

• Question

• Hi.

I have been trying to install .net framework. I have tried the full installer and when it gets to the 'installing net framework client profile' on the second line it just stops and wont move. I need this for many programs I need including a video editors/recorder I've tried to clean it up using many different suggested programs but at the end this message is always displayed ".net framework was not installed because: another installation is in progress. Complete that installation before proceeding with this installation.' But the thing is Im not installing ANYTHING else, that i can see. I've tried restarting my laptop several times, but to no avail.

Wednesday, November 16, 2016 1:15 PM

All replies

• Hi dungeonmaster1549,

Thank you for posting in MSDN forum.

For this issue, would you mind telling us the version of the .Net Framework and your OS?

We need to make sure that the .Net Framework is not preinstalled with the system.

Reference:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/8z6watww%28v=vs.110%29.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

Please also take a look at a similar case as yours:

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/ec6369f5-cc8f-4804-a23b-c4df751b3320/unable-to-install-net-framework-35-sp1-please-have-a-look-at-the-error-log?forum=netfxsetup

sireesha solved it by restoring system to factory configuration, would you mind trying to backup all the important files on your machine, then reset your OS?

Or you can follow below steps to collect log files:
    1.       Try to go to your "%temp%" folder (Start Menu >>Run >> Type "%temp%).
    2.       Manually filter the .net framework logs from "%temp%" folder .

Please upload the file to https://onedrive.live.com/   and share the link here, I will help you analyze the root cause according to the error information.

Best Regards,

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, November 17, 2016 8:03 AM
  • yes. i am using windows 7 ultimate, and trying to install .Net framework 4 and here is the link: https://onedrive.live.com/?v=TextFileEditor&id=E0156D823683B62D%21121&cid=E0156D823683B62D&parId=root

i have framework 2 atm for some reason. and am trying to update

Thursday, November 17, 2016 10:35 PM
  • Hi my friend,

I try to open the link you offered, but find the following:

Once Onedrive back to normal, I will check your log again.

Best Regards,

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, November 18, 2016 11:19 AM
  • Hi my friend ,

Have you solved this issue successfully?

Would you mind sharing us your solution and result here?

If the error still persists, please feel free to let me know, I will try to help you solve this.

If you think my reply is helpful, please mark my reply as the answer, it will benefit to other community members who have the same issue.

Have a nice day :)

Best Regards

MSDN Community Support

Tuesday, November 29, 2016 6:57 AM