iText help or some other ideas... RRS feed

• Question

• User65180582 posted

Here is where I am at, have a web site that the user takes a test and then after gets a certificate of completion.  I am trying to use iTextSharp to generate the certificate in pdf format so that the user is less likely to change the data (ie: put another persons name on it or type in a different date) Also, the pdf is much easier to store in the users database.  At this point I am trying to just create a pdf document "hello world" so I can understand the code in VWD.  I bought the iText Book, have looked at the few examples on the web, but for some reason I can't get the code to operate in VWD.

Is there anyone out there that could shed some light on this?  Or is there a better way to do this that will not set me back 500 bucks?

Thursday, March 22, 2007 5:21 PM

All replies

• User-2118227238 posted

Is this still an issue for you? iText is an excellent open source library and I have been able to generate quite complex data driven PDF's using it. I have even implemented systems using iText to replace Crystal Reports based reporting due to firewall issues with Crystal Reports.

Let me know if you need any help...

Friday, June 6, 2008 8:26 AM
  • User-1767092133 posted

Hello,

here is my iTextSharp (written in C#). The code compiled but I do not see any PDF file that is generated. I added the reference itextsharp.dll (version iTextsharp.5.0.0) What am I doing wrong. Will this happen once I deploy it on the IIS 6 server? I have Adobe Acrobat Reader installed Adobe Reader 9.3.

Below is my source code.

using System;
    using System.IO;
    using iTextSharp.text;
    using iTextSharp.text.pdf;

public partial class _Default : System.Web.UI.Page
    {
        protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)
        {
            Console.WriteLine("Chapter 1 example 1: Hello World");

// step 1: creation of a document-object
            Document document = new Document();

// step 2:
            // we create a writer that listens to the document
            // and directs a PDF-stream to a file
            PdfWriter.GetInstance(document, new FileStream("Chap0101.pdf", FileMode.Create));

// step 3: we open the document
            document.Open();

// step 4: we add a paragraph to the document
            document.Add(new Paragraph("Hello World"));

// step 5: we close the document
            document.Close();

}
    }

Thursday, February 4, 2010 3:14 PM