IMFSinkWriter :: WriteSample fails: MF_E_BUFFERTOOSMALL. RRS feed

• Question

• I 've the following setup: I read samples from a collection of source files to my own implementation of IMFByteStream, and IMFStreamSink:: ProcessSample is called. I store the sample and retrieve it later, but some times when it's sent to IMFSinkWriter :: WriteSample it fails with the MF_E_BUFFERTOOSMALL error message.

It doesn't fail when the sample seems to be big enough.

What could be wrong? My setup allows me to combine multiple input files, read samples from them and push them into a compressed output with IMFSinkWriter, however the samples that are generated by another IMFSinkWriter (the one that produces uncompressed samples) seem to be rejected by the IMFSinkWriter that writes the output, although setting input/output media types was OK.

Thx.

Michael

Michael

Friday, March 1, 2013 7:29 PM

All replies

• Edit.

I just noticed that the sample given to IMFStreamSink :: ProcessSample is the same as the one passed to the IMFStreamSink that uses my own imlementation of IMFByteStream. I thought it should be decompressed, as my goal is to decompress first some samples, then store them in memory.

Does the framework expect from my custom IMFByteStream to transcode the sample manually?

Thx.

Michael

Saturday, March 2, 2013 5:28 PM