Problem with IMailRuleClient, Message from Network notification is displaying when sending sms programmatically RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Everyone,

I am working on one SMS application, which has two modules Sender and Receiver. At the sender module, I am programmatically sending the SMS using SmsSendMessage API. And at the receiver end I am using IMailRuleClient’s ProcessMessage to perceive the message.  If the message has some specific combination of characters(flags) then I am displaying the message in a message box. On click of either OK or Cancel button in the Message Box, I am again programmatically sending SMS as an acknowledgement to the Sender.

My entire application is working fine in Emulator. But, while I am testing in actual devices (Here, I am using HTC and ASUS Mobiles with Vodafone network); at the receiver end the SMS is not perceived. Instead, the SMS is displayed like “Message from Network” as a notification and even it is not going to Inbox folder.

One more strange thing is, If I send the SMS manually with the same text which I use to send programmatically, then at the receiver end my SMS is perceived and displayed in MessageBox(which I want). However, If I click on OK or Cancel Button in the Message Box then again at the sender’s end the message is not perceiving. It is displayed as “Message from Network”.

I guess there is a problem with SMS sending functionality. But, previously I worked with the SmsSendMessage API and it sent SMS programmatically to the receiver (Here, I am not using Message Interceptor to perceive the message) without any problems.

My question is

·         why  my application is fine working with Device Emulator and Cellular Emulator and why not with Actual device?

·         Why my application is perceiving SMS which have been sent manually and why not with programmatically? Are there any specific restrictions from the Network operator?? And why the ”Message from Network” notification is coming? Am I missing any properties to set in the SmsSendMessage API??

Could you anyone please let me know the reason behind it as soon as possible.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards

Vikanth P

Thursday, March 12, 2009 7:40 AM

Answers

•  Hey.. I got where I went wrong.
    we should use PS_MESSAGE_CLASS2  instead of PS_MESSAGE_CLASS0 for the TEXT_PROVIDER_SPECIFIC_DATA structure.
    • Marked as answer by warrentang Monday, March 16, 2009 8:30 AM
    Friday, March 13, 2009 12:21 PM