How to modify or remove the WWAN profile which I created ?

Question

• I created a WWAN profile using the Metro App sample, "Mobile broadband account provisioning sample".

When clicking the Submit button, it shows "Device was successfully configured".

A new profile was created at the folder ,C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\WwanSvc\Profiles.

It was OK.

But when I tried to modify the profile, the sample application shows a execption.

I want to modify <ConnectionMode> tag from auto to manual.

When I developed MobileBroadband device app for Windows 7, I need to remove profile

using API.

I suppose I need to remove the profile..

Are there any method for remove or modify the profile?

I need to modify it from Metro Style App.

Please advice !

kata.

• Edited by kata._ Saturday, June 30, 2012 9:33 AM
    Saturday, June 30, 2012 9:29 AM

Answers

• There is no ConnectionMode element in the Provisioning schema.  (See C:\windows\schemas\provisioning\provisioning_wwan_v1.xsd for more detail.)  The profiles start as auto-connect, and are subject to the user's control thereafter.  The user can change the profile to be auto or manual.

To modify the profile, submit a new provisioning XML with the desired updates.  To delete the profile, submit a new provisioning XML with an empty MBNProfiles element.

Monday, August 06, 2012 6:22 PM
  • Yes, that's correct.  The app has control over profiles that the app created, and can remove them if needed at a later time; profiles that the user created are not intended to be under the app's control, and should only be removed by the user.
    Wednesday, August 08, 2012 11:04 PM

All replies

• Kata,

I will look into this for you.

Best Wishes - Eric

Saturday, June 30, 2012 9:42 AM
  • I may find the reason why it happen.

It happens when I add <ConnectionMode>manual</ConnectionMode> or <ConnectionMode>auto</ConnectionMode> before <Context>.

It shows "Unexpected exception occured, error number:0x82170002".

If I did not add <ConnectionMode> tag, it show "Device was successfully configured".

For example, I could change APN.

I guess, new function, ProvisionFromXmlDocumentAsync() does not accept the <ConnectionMode> tag.

But I want to create "manual" mode profile.

What should I do ?

kata.

• Edited by kata._ Wednesday, July 04, 2012 9:17 AM
    Wednesday, July 04, 2012 9:16 AM
  • Any update?

kata.

Thursday, July 05, 2012 7:40 AM
  • There is no ConnectionMode element in the Provisioning schema.  (See C:\windows\schemas\provisioning\provisioning_wwan_v1.xsd for more detail.)  The profiles start as auto-connect, and are subject to the user's control thereafter.  The user can change the profile to be auto or manual.

To modify the profile, submit a new provisioning XML with the desired updates.  To delete the profile, submit a new provisioning XML with an empty MBNProfiles element.

Monday, August 06, 2012 6:22 PM
  • Hi Mike,

Thank you for the information.

I can remove WWAN profile which I created.

I can remove WLAN profile using an empty WLANProfiles element, too.

I found a small problem.

If there is a WLAN profile which Wan-Ui created, I cannot remove directly.

I need to update the wlan profile before removing, then I can remove using empty element.

Is this a limitation ?

kata.

Tuesday, August 07, 2012 1:20 AM
  • Yes, that's correct.  The app has control over profiles that the app created, and can remove them if needed at a later time; profiles that the user created are not intended to be under the app's control, and should only be removed by the user.
    Wednesday, August 08, 2012 11:04 PM
  • Hi Mike,

Thanks again! :-)

kata.

Thursday, August 09, 2012 4:07 AM