Converting Website Project to Web Appplication Project RRS feed

• Question

• User-817945037 posted

HI,

I want to perform code analysis and code metrics on few of my websites.

However I came to know that code metrics cannot be performed on website. Hence I read in few forums and blogs that i need to convert my web site to weapplication.

I tried converting my website to web application as per the link http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa983476.aspx

But I have around 6 web references in my website. After converting my website, it does not consider these web references and compile errors are thrown.

What needs to be done? How can i add these references?(i tried creating web reference by going to service references--> Advanced--> web reference but it didn't work)

or is there any way I can perform code metrics on web site?

Friday, April 5, 2013 2:05 AM

Answers

• User-166373564 posted

Hi,

or is there any way I can perform code metrics on web site?

As we know,  Code Metrics are only available for C#, Visual Basic, and C++/CLI projects that are not web site project in Visual Studio.

The link above gives some guides to convert web site project to web application project, please check whether you miss something.

At the same time this blog will show some screenshots that convert web site project to web application project, it is more specific.

Converting a Web Site Project to a Web Application Project

Moreover, some tips are also available for you during you convert web site project to web application project,

How To Convert ASP.NET Website to ASP.NET Web Application

hope it helps you,

With regards

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Wednesday, April 10, 2013 5:47 AM