How to edit resx's at runtime. RRS feed

• Question

• User826194163 posted

I have a reasonably simple site that has static content that will be changed infrequently but that will be presented in multiple languages. Rather than using a full blown content manager I thought that I would build a quick editor for the resx files associated with the content on the pages I wish to edit. The problem is, of course, that I'm given an access denied error when I try to edit the relevant resx. Does anyone know of a work around?

Alternatively, I'm looking for a solution that would be usable by marketing types to edit multi-language content. The easiest interface would be one where the editor browses the site, finds the content they wish to edit and then clicks on a button to open an editor. They would make their changes and the new copy would be save the resx node associated with the content item they opened. If they happened to be browsing in French, then the editor would edit the resx.fr page. You get the idea.

Anyway, whatever help you have would be great.

Wednesday, October 10, 2007 1:32 PM

Answers

• User1642585364 posted

I think the App_* folders are protected from being modified through IIS.  What if you used a database backend for your resources and built an editor around that?  It might take a little while to get all your resources moved in though.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Friday, October 12, 2007 11:33 AM