@ Register TagPrefix="Club" Namespace="ClubSite" RRS feed

• Question

• User1282458297 posted

What's mean here of "Namespace='ClubSite'"? Does it express clubsite.css file?

Anybody help to explain it? Thanks a lot!

In additional, would you please what is the different between "Namespace" and "Assembly"?

Monday, January 29, 2007 10:10 PM

Answers

• User942311321 posted

In the App_Code directory, a few source files (.cs) are part of the ClubSite namespace. For example, in the TimePicker.cs the namespace is declared at the very top of the class.

In this page, the ClubSite Namespace is used to reference the RolloverButtons.cs.

Do this, take that line out and Build the Page and take notice to the errors generated. Them are the places in which that namespace is used.

Hope this helps. 

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, January 30, 2007 1:36 AM

All replies

• User942311321 posted

A Namespace is pretty much a library(collection) of related classes. For examples,

MyStore is a NameSpace | CreditCard is a Class | ProcessCar & InsertRecord are methods.

MyStore.CreditCard
        MyStore.CeditCard.ProcessCard()
        MyStore.CreditCard.InsertRecord()

MyStore.Customer
        MyStore.Customer.InsertRecord()
        MyStore.Customer.PlaceOrder() 

An Assembly is a compiled library, usually in .dll (dynamic link libraries) formats.

references:

NameSpaces

Assemblies

Design Guide Lines 

Tuesday, January 30, 2007 12:28 AM
  • User1282458297 posted

Thanks a lot!

Could you also explain "@ Register TagPrefix="Club" Namespace="ClubSite"" in the file of "News_Edit.aspx".

My directory is D:\WebDeveloper\ClubWebSite1.

I tried to find that the ClubSite is a reference to those class under the directory App_Code, But I want to know where declared the namespace "ClubSite".

Tuesday, January 30, 2007 1:20 AM
  • User942311321 posted

In the App_Code directory, a few source files (.cs) are part of the ClubSite namespace. For example, in the TimePicker.cs the namespace is declared at the very top of the class.

In this page, the ClubSite Namespace is used to reference the RolloverButtons.cs.

Do this, take that line out and Build the Page and take notice to the errors generated. Them are the places in which that namespace is used.

Hope this helps. 

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, January 30, 2007 1:36 AM
  • User1282458297 posted
    Found it and I see, Thank you very much!
    Tuesday, January 30, 2007 3:00 AM