none
Font style part of text RRS feed

• Question

• I have a text box and I want part of the text to be underlined and part of it to not be. 

Lets say I had the string value "This is a test" inside of a textbox.  I want "is a" to be underlined and the other text items to not be.  I don't want to create multiple textboxes if possible.  How can I do this task?

Thursday, May 6, 2010 3:34 PM

All replies

• I think that is going to be tough. The text box is what has the font assigned. I wonder if you can place a text box on the report in real time. If you can then you could add two text boxes with text and formating, one right aligned and the other left aligned. I know you don't want to create mulitple textboxes, but doing it in code on the fly may not be so bad.

Just thinking out loud here.

Bernie

Sunday, May 9, 2010 5:59 AM
  • Assuming you want to do this in VS report designer: you CAN define the style of specific text selection in a text box. Just hightlight the text subset in your text box, right click the selection, and click Text Properties.
    Cephas Lin This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties.
    Tuesday, May 11, 2010 2:12 PM
  • I've tried this and it doesn't work for me.  I'm using VS2008.  Microsoft.ReportViewer.WinForms version 9.

Wednesday, May 12, 2010 4:20 PM