Animation: Transforming a window shape and holding it RRS feed

• Question

• Hello fellow expression blend users,

I'm currently experimenting with animating windows so that my window transforms/animates from one window form into another.  For example, on my login screen, i have an 'advanced settings' icon.  when the user clicks that, i hide my login screen elements (login/password, title) and then morph the window itself (gradient) into a larger rectangle, and then I animate in my advanced settings (server, connection properties). 

The problem is, I want that animation how to pause at the end, allow the user to interact with the the settings...then when they click save/cancel, the animation reverses itself, morphing back into the login.

Anyone know how i can 'pause' my animation so it holds state?

Thanks!

Purkiss
    Monday, September 22, 2008 7:21 PM

Answers

All replies

• Howdy,

Are you using the AutoReverse property? If so, that is your problem. You need to create two storyboards, the second being a reverse of the first which is called when the user clicks the save/cancel button etc.

Let me know if you need more info on this.

Cheers

Expression MVP

Learn Expression Blend at learnexpressionstudio.com

my blog : http://x-coders.com/blogs/sneaky/default.aspx

Wednesday, September 24, 2008 12:10 AM
  • Hi Brennon -- yup, that was it.  I split my story boards last night and then your post today confirms it.  So now my storyboard runs through and stops at the end (the window is all transformed).

now I'm working on transforming the window in reverse, and the animation gets completely mangled--i don't want to adjust the animation manually, because if i change anything in my 'forward change' movie, I would have to make a change in my reverse change movie...instead of just making a change in my forward change movie, duplicating again, reversing again, and replacing the old reverse movie.  Have you noticed the reverse feature seems very unstable, almost unusable?
    Purkiss
    Wednesday, September 24, 2008 4:25 PM