none
Source control project reference GUIDs case sensitive? (Losing references between Community 2015 and Enterprise 2015)

Question

• Hey there, just wondering if anyone knows if/when this bug will be fixed:

My dev team is using different versions of Visual Studio 2015: Community and Enterprise to be exact.

The GUIDs in project reference lines in the project files differ between versions. Enterprise project files have project references with all lower case GUIDs, and in Community the project reference lines have GUIDs that are capitalized.

Because of this, when sharing code via source control references break when someone using Enterprise pulls changes to project files from someone who added/removed project references using Community.

This hampers dev time quite a bit.

Anyone know a solution?

Friday, July 15, 2016 6:10 PM

All replies

• Hi boylec1986,

Thank you for your post.

I did a test on my side:

1. use VS 2015 Community check in a project on TFS.

2. Check out this project on VS Enterprise 2015.

I could open this project successfully.

>>The GUIDs in project reference lines in the project files differ between versions

To have a better understanding of this issue, could you offer us a screenshot about the "GUIDs ".

Best Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, July 18, 2016 8:27 AM