none
How to solve the"Close existing shells or raise the quota for this user." Error? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I have developed the remote power shell command task for Exchange 2010. My machine have win XP sp3 and VBExpressedition with .net Frame work 3.5. I have  make a report using my  remote power shell task. after some reports sudenly I got the below Exception. I have closed and restart my process the it will work well.
    Why this problem occur and how can i Solve this problem?

Exception

Connecting to remote server failed with the following error message : The WS-Management service cannot process the request. This user is allowed a maximum number of 18 concurrent shells, which has been exceeded. Close existing shells or raise the quota for this user. For more information, see the about_Remote_Troubleshooting Help topic.

please help me

A Path Finder..
    Jo Swa.

Tuesday, March 1, 2011 12:53 PM

Answers

• If you look at the error message its telling you your not closing the powershell sessions after you use them. There is both a close and a dispose method on the WSMan objects you should test and investigate these methods. There is also limitations if your trying to run multiple concurrent sessions eg MaxShellsPerUser but usually 18 should be sufficient.

Cheers
    Glen

Monday, March 7, 2011 2:06 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I am waiting for your reply.

Please help me.

By

A path Finder..

Jo Swa.

Saturday, March 5, 2011 7:52 AM
  • If you look at the error message its telling you your not closing the powershell sessions after you use them. There is both a close and a dispose method on the WSMan objects you should test and investigate these methods. There is also limitations if your trying to run multiple concurrent sessions eg MaxShellsPerUser but usually 18 should be sufficient.

Cheers
    Glen

Monday, March 7, 2011 2:06 AM
  • Any progress on this case? I am having the same issues on this one.

I waited for days and it still gives me this error when I try to log on with my tenant admin account.
    I also increased the number to 5 instead of 3 and restart the service but still no luck.

Anyone knows of how to close the sessions?

remove-pssesion $session doesn't work as i already closed the shell...

Pleas ehelp me out

Andre

Friday, December 7, 2012 1:46 PM
  • We can fix in 2 ways:
    Either close the shell session and start new one
    Or use different unused variables.

Vijesh Ollithodi

Monday, December 17, 2012 8:51 PM
  • Well I figured it out.

Just do an iisreset /noforce and it will reboot the service that is dealing with the sessions.

Andre

• Proposed as answer by dre2008 Tuesday, December 18, 2012 8:06 AM
    Tuesday, December 18, 2012 8:05 AM