error while changing the apppool RRS feed

• Question

• User351619809 posted

I have an application in .net framework 4.0 whose apppool is pointing to 2.0. I tried to change the apppool to 4.0. As soon as I did that, I got an error saying.

There is a duplicate "System.web.extensions/scripting/webservices/JSonSerialization' section defined

The code is compiled in Visual studio 2010 and published on the server.

Any help will be appreciated.

Friday, April 22, 2016 12:33 PM

Answers

• User-2057865890 posted

Hi anjaliagarwal5,

Take a look at this thread.

The workaround for the second scenario is to delete or comment out all the system.web.extensions configuration section definitions and configuration section group definitions from the application-level Web.config file. These definitions are usually at the top of the application-level Web.config file and can be identified by the configSections element and its children.

ASP.NET 4 Breaking Changes

Best Regards,

Chris

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Saturday, April 23, 2016 3:54 AM

All replies

• User-2057865890 posted

Hi anjaliagarwal5,

Take a look at this thread.

The workaround for the second scenario is to delete or comment out all the system.web.extensions configuration section definitions and configuration section group definitions from the application-level Web.config file. These definitions are usually at the top of the application-level Web.config file and can be identified by the configSections element and its children.

ASP.NET 4 Breaking Changes

Best Regards,

Chris

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Saturday, April 23, 2016 3:54 AM
  • User351619809 posted

Thank You.

Monday, April 25, 2016 11:03 PM