Mirroring gives me the error 1418 and in the server log gives the error 10054 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am trying to mirror the databse with a witness server.

I have sql server 2005 with SP1 or both my mirror and principle and sql express on my witness.

The problem is when I click start mirroring, I get the following error

The server network address"TCP://serveraddress:7026" can not be reached or does not exist. Check the network address name and that the ports for the local and remote epoints are operational.

(Microsoft SQL server, error:1418)

I have pinged the address it works fine . The telnet comes up with a blank screen.

When I look at the the server log file viewer, I get the following message

An error occured while receiving data: 10054 (An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host)

for 'TCP://serveraddress:7026'.

Please help me soon

Wednesday, August 16, 2006 8:53 PM

Answers

•  chandrala wrote:

An error occured while receiving data: 10054 (An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host)

Attach the Profiler on the other server (the one that closes the connection) and monitor for the 'Broker/Broker: Connection' and 'Security Audit/Audit Broker Login' events (make sure to select all columns). It should trace an event explaining why it closes the connection.

HTH,
    ~ Remus

Tuesday, August 22, 2006 5:11 AM

All replies

• moved thread to Database Mirroring forum
    Wednesday, August 16, 2006 9:58 PM
  • Let me guess...  The witness is on TCP://serveraddress:7026.  What this is saying is that it can't connect to it.  By default SQL Express Edition installs with remote connections disabled.  You need to open the Surface Area Configuration Manager, connect to your Express Edition instance, and enable remote connections.
    Thursday, August 17, 2006 12:14 AM
  • No, I am not having problem with sql express which is my witness but my mirror server which runs sql 2005 sp1 and I have seen that the remote login is enabled in that.
    Thursday, August 17, 2006 11:26 AM
  • What does the error log and event log on the mirror say?
    Thursday, August 17, 2006 3:56 PM
  •  chandrala wrote:

Attach the Profiler on the other server (the one that closes the connection) and monitor for the 'Broker/Broker: Connection' and 'Security Audit/Audit Broker Login' events (make sure to select all columns). It should trace an event explaining why it closes the connection.

HTH,
    ~ Remus

Tuesday, August 22, 2006 5:11 AM