none
Suspicion that Azure Active Directory Synchronization errors (via ad connect) does not send TechnicalNotificationEmails to Distribution lists

Question

• We are using AD Connect on prem to synchronize our accounts to the cloud (AAD).

If for some reason, the synchronization doesn't work, we are supposed to get an email after 24 hours of non sync.

the email address used is configured via powershell or the O365 admin center via property TechnicalNotificationEmails

Problem is that right now, that setting is configured to go to a distribution list and we don't seem to be receiving those notification.

Would you know if this email has to be a direct address and not a distribution list?

thanks!

Wednesday, March 29, 2017 3:13 PM

Answers

• You can check the document for Enabling Email Notifications. You can also add multiple email addresses and DL's should work fine.
    • Marked as answer by RKermit Thursday, March 30, 2017 2:16 PM
    Thursday, March 30, 2017 8:22 AM
  • I haven't noticed any issues when using a DG as the recipient of such notifications, I'd suggest doing a message trace or similar on your end to make sure they are not blocked/marked as spam/etc.
    Thursday, March 30, 2017 8:46 AM

All replies

• You can check the document for Enabling Email Notifications. You can also add multiple email addresses and DL's should work fine.
    Thursday, March 30, 2017 8:22 AM
  • I haven't noticed any issues when using a DG as the recipient of such notifications, I'd suggest doing a message trace or similar on your end to make sure they are not blocked/marked as spam/etc.
    Thursday, March 30, 2017 8:46 AM