Publisher Domain verification not working for an "application from personal account" despite json available in browser RRS feed

• Question

• I'm trying to verify the publisher domain of my application but it's not working despite the json file being available when checking the link in a browser.

I suspect it's because the app is listed under 'Applications from personal account', as the error message shown is:

"Verification of publisher domain failed. The application was not found. If the application was just created, wait a few minutes and refresh the page. [62wAT]"

It's a several years old app that's working fine "in the wild" so it's definitely not "just created".

Does anyone know if I'm right that this is the problem and if so whether the app can be moved away from being a personal app? Re-creating it (with a different id) is not currently an option as it's "live".

Thursday, June 6, 2019 5:23 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hello, currently we are looking into the issue and will get back to you as soon as possible, 
    Thursday, June 6, 2019 11:53 PM
  • I am getting the same issue... error code: nkl6i
    Tuesday, June 18, 2019 1:06 PM
  • Similar situation: a few years old app, on a personal account.
    Tuesday, June 18, 2019 1:07 PM
  • Are you using a verification file that might be named incorrectly? 

I have not encountered this error so I am reaching out to someone from the product group to see if they might have a solution. 

Please take a moment to "Mark as Answer" and/or "Vote as Helpful" wherever applicable. Thanks!

Thursday, June 27, 2019 11:18 PM
    Owner
  • Hey, 

I was following up on this, I apologize for such a late reply, but it looks like there was an issue with the publisher domain verification. And the fix for it should be deployed within the next two weeks. We apologize for the inconvenience. 

If this doesn't resolve your issue in the next two weeks, please file a support ticket and let us know and we'll be sure to look into this further. 

Thanks, and please remember to mark a response as answered if your issue has been answered, 

• Proposed as answer by Frank Hu MSFT Tuesday, July 9, 2019 9:08 PM
    • Marked as answer by Frank Hu MSFT Wednesday, August 28, 2019 9:50 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by Frank Hu MSFT Wednesday, August 28, 2019 9:50 PM
    • Marked as answer by Frank Hu MSFT Wednesday, August 28, 2019 9:51 PM
    Tuesday, July 9, 2019 9:08 PM
  • This is still not working. I've added the file <domain>/.well-known/microsoft-identity-association.json and it is visible in the browser but verification fails with message:

"Verification of publisher domain failed. Unable to connect to <domain>/.well-known/microsoft-identity-association. [tncdR]"

An update on this issue would be appreciated. Thanks.

Friday, July 26, 2019 2:08 PM
  • it's 2 weeks, is it fixed and deployed? we still see that issue and the application is showing "not verified"!
    Monday, July 29, 2019 4:25 AM
  • Hello All,

The issue that I was addressing was the domain file naming issue, that was resolved.

If your applications are still showing up as not verified, then it must be some other issue and I would suggest filing a support ticket to determine what's going on. It will take some more details about the tenant and the Application to see why it continues to show up as "not verified". 

That being said, we will look into the "not verified" issues further, to see what's going on. If you can send an email to AzCommunity@microsoft.com with a reference to this thread. I'll enable a one time free support ticket so that someone can engage with you on this.

Thanks for reaching out to the forums, we should be able to determine a resolution for this issue and get you moving forward.

Please provide the resolution on this thread so that others can benefit from this. Thanks,

- Frank Hu

Monday, July 29, 2019 9:21 AM
  • I have the same issue with my domain. The error is: [DAmB0]
    Thursday, August 15, 2019 9:10 AM
  • Same issue with my domain:

Verification of publisher domain failed. The application was not found. If the application was just created, wait a few minutes and refresh the page. [3548r]

application is few days old & json file is browsable at the given address

My app is registered in default folder
    • Edited by vogeltjeH Wednesday, August 28, 2019 5:27 PM
    Wednesday, August 28, 2019 5:25 PM
  • Hello Vogeltje,

Please see a different thread as this thread is addressing a different issue regarding publisher domain where the download wasn't working properly.

The verification of publisher domain failed solution is described in this MSDN Thread : https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/61ef2463-c132-4246-8748-c3090e0deed0/publisher-domain-verification-fails-because-quotverification-of-publisher-domain-failed-error?forum=WindowsAzureAD

• Proposed as answer by Frank Hu MSFT Wednesday, August 28, 2019 9:51 PM
    • Marked as answer by Frank Hu MSFT Wednesday, August 28, 2019 9:51 PM
    Wednesday, August 28, 2019 9:51 PM
  • I'm following up on this thread, there is another issue that has shown up regarding verification of publisher domains, please see this git issue here for more information : https://github.com/MicrosoftDocs/azure-docs/issues/39665

Currently this is being looked into and will update accordingly. 

If you have anymore new issues please open up a new thread as it's most likely different from this thread. 

Thanks,

- Frank Hu

Monday, September 30, 2019 10:08 PM