Camera Not Working(Transcoding Media Sample) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

In the transcoding sample application, when we are selecting the  option Open file and selecting the Camera for  transcoding, the Camera is Displaying as "the camera isn't working"(Using External Camera).

I have enabled all the Permissions, it is able to Use the Camera UI Sample , but in the Transcoding Media Sample it is not Working.

In my Laptop when I tried to run this Application(Transcoding Media Application) it is Working fine and able to take the video and transcode it properly.

Thanks in Advance.

• Edited by Ldm_Metro Friday, March 16, 2012 10:21 AM .
    Friday, March 16, 2012 9:59 AM

All replies

• Perhaps your camera is not supported.  What is the make and model of your camera and have you installed/checked for Windows 8 drivers for it?  See if other apps can use your camera and if the Camera Capture UI sample works.

-Jeff

Jeff Sanders (MSFT)

Friday, March 16, 2012 6:08 PM
  • Hi Jeff,

My Camera is of Microsoft and i have Installed the Appropriate  drivers in it. and through other Metro Application i am able to access the camera and take snaps and videos.

But through this Transcoding Media Sample I am not able to use that camera.

Thanks,

Ldm_Metro

Saturday, March 17, 2012 5:37 AM
  • Hello Ldm,

Are you still having problems with your camera functioning as expected in the Transcoding sample? If you are still having problems please let me know and I will do what I can to help.

Thanks,

James

Windows Media SDK Technologies - Microsoft Developer Services - http://blogs.msdn.com/mediasdkstuff/

Friday, April 13, 2012 12:39 AM