locked
Want to create Metadata for Mobile Broadband Device using ICCID

    Question

  • Hello, I'm trying to create metadata package for testing mobile broadband API.

    I know that this privileges is given only to mobile operators. 

    I've created metadata package as it was in this thread, but with my operator's ID.

    The problem is that customer is in another region and his SIM cards not working in my area, So I'm trying to create as much as possible before moving to customer's region.

    SMS message send, receive, and SIM management sample tells that there's no SMS device has been found.

    [0]1D8C.2518::‎2013‎-‎04‎-‎02 12:01:39.623 [Microsoft-Windows-Mobile-Broadband-Experience-Api]MobileBroadbandAccount.AvailableNetworkAccountIds: There are no account IDs that this app can use.  
    [1]1D8C.2518::‎2013‎-‎04‎-‎02 12:01:45.257 [Microsoft-Windows-Mobile-Broadband-Experience-Api]MobileBroadbandAccount.AvailableNetworkAccountIds: There are no account IDs that this app can use.  
    [1]1D8C.2518::‎2013‎-‎04‎-‎02 12:01:46.721 [Microsoft-Windows-Mobile-Broadband-Experience-Api]MobileBroadbandAccount.AvailableNetworkAccountIds: There are no account IDs that this app can use. 

    Windows subscription information in properties

    Manufacturer:  huawei
    Model:  E352
    Firmware:  11.102.27.00.209
    Cellular class:  GSM
    Data class:  GPRS; EDGE; UMTS; HSDPA; HSUPA; LTE; HSPA+
    IMEI:  352134040542715
    Mobile number:  
    IMSI:  250023002617555
    SIM ICC ID:  897010230026175554F

    I've added ranges:

    ICCID Provider ID: 8970102

      Ranges:  897010200000000000 - 897010299999999999

    IMSI: Provider ID: 25002

     Ranges: 250020000000000 -  250029999999999

    Heres full log file

    I've turned on test signing and done a reboot. My metadata package now located in drmcache/multiloc folder.

    Could you suggest some solution?

    Thank you in advance.




    • Edited by vKappie Tuesday, April 02, 2013 5:35 AM
    Tuesday, April 02, 2013 5:28 AM

Answers

  • Hi there,

    Based on the log, there is a typic error:

    Error updating mobile broadband account data store.  Error is 0x80070005: Access is denied.

    This error indicates that the app is not given previlege to MBIM(SMS) api. So you may reconfigure your metadata by checking(see below snapshot):

          • Hardware ID in Associations tab:make sure the PID&VID of your MBIM device is added.
          • Make sure Package Name, Publisher,App ID in Applications tab are strictly same with those items in your windows store app.

    Then, configure metadata:

    1. run CMD with administrator privilege, type in bcdedit set testsigning on , press enter key, make sure it is successful
    2. Delete keys in registry, if they do not exist, skip this step, locate to Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE->Microsoft->WwanSvc->MobileBroadbandAccounts,
      delete Accounts and NetworkInterfaceBindings under MobileBroadbandAccounts
    3. delete multiloc folder in C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\DeviceMetadataCache\dmrccache, if it does
           not exist, skip this step.
    4. copy metadata to C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\DeviceMetadataStore\en-US
    5. wait for a short time, you will see a folder named multiloc is generated
        in C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\DeviceMetadataCache\dmrccache and in folder multiloc, a folder same name with metadat's is generated, open SoftwareInfo.xml in  folder Software, make sure Identity Name, Publisher ,Applciation Id are same with the on in metadata; if they are not, repeat step 1 to 5

    Regards,

    Jenny


     

     

     


    Monday, April 08, 2013 6:58 AM

All replies

  • Hi,

    I'll try to involve more experts in this case.


    Aaron
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

    Wednesday, April 03, 2013 8:17 AM
  • Hi there,

    Based on the log, there is a typic error:

    Error updating mobile broadband account data store.  Error is 0x80070005: Access is denied.

    This error indicates that the app is not given previlege to MBIM(SMS) api. So you may reconfigure your metadata by checking(see below snapshot):

          • Hardware ID in Associations tab:make sure the PID&VID of your MBIM device is added.
          • Make sure Package Name, Publisher,App ID in Applications tab are strictly same with those items in your windows store app.

    Then, configure metadata:

    1. run CMD with administrator privilege, type in bcdedit set testsigning on , press enter key, make sure it is successful
    2. Delete keys in registry, if they do not exist, skip this step, locate to Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE->Microsoft->WwanSvc->MobileBroadbandAccounts,
      delete Accounts and NetworkInterfaceBindings under MobileBroadbandAccounts
    3. delete multiloc folder in C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\DeviceMetadataCache\dmrccache, if it does
           not exist, skip this step.
    4. copy metadata to C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\DeviceMetadataStore\en-US
    5. wait for a short time, you will see a folder named multiloc is generated
        in C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\DeviceMetadataCache\dmrccache and in folder multiloc, a folder same name with metadat's is generated, open SoftwareInfo.xml in  folder Software, make sure Identity Name, Publisher ,Applciation Id are same with the on in metadata; if they are not, repeat step 1 to 5

    Regards,

    Jenny


     

     

     


    Monday, April 08, 2013 6:58 AM