Load a usercontrol dynamic RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I have in my application a accordion control with hyperlinkbuttons. When a user press for example the hyperlink
    "Products", then i want to load the user control "Products.xaml". How i can do that ???

Sunday, November 21, 2010 9:30 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Navigation Framework is much more easier to manage.

But it depends on what kind of application you are developing.

Regards

Sunday, November 21, 2010 10:35 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Do you want to instantiate a UserControl based on a string.
    Like you have Products So i will instantiate "Products.xaml"
    For this you can use Activator.CreateInstance("Products")

Regards

Sunday, November 21, 2010 9:52 AM
  • depending on how you are trying to do things if you just have a content presenter besides your accordion control with a name then you can just in the click event for a give button set it to a new instance of the control you would like

OnProductClick(object sender,RoutedEventArgs e)
    {
      _myContent = new Products();
    }

Sunday, November 21, 2010 9:55 AM
  • Where do you want to put this UserControl? You need to creat this UserControl then add it to the VisualTree.

Say you have a Grid called "container" as a placeholder for this control in your page:

Products p = new Products();

this.container.Children.Add(p);

Sunday, November 21, 2010 10:02 AM
  • thanks, that works but i found something else.

What do you think about the Navigation Framework and the uri mapper. Which solution is better ??

i mean this:

<UserControl 
        x:Class="SilverlightApplication4.MainPage"
        xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/winfx/2006/xaml/presentation" 
        xmlns:x="http://schemas.microsoft.com/winfx/2006/xaml"
        xmlns:navigation="clr-namespace:System.Windows.Controls;assembly=System.Windows.Controls.Navigation" 
        xmlns:uriMapper="clr-namespace:System.Windows.Navigation;assembly=System.Windows.Controls.Navigation"
        xmlns:d="http://schemas.microsoft.com/expression/blend/2008" xmlns:mc="http://schemas.openxmlformats.org/markup-compatibility/2006" 
        mc:Ignorable="d" d:DesignWidth="640" d:DesignHeight="480">

<Grid x:Name="LayoutRoot" Style="{StaticResource LayoutRootGridStyle}">

<Border x:Name="ContentBorder" Style="{StaticResource ContentBorderStyle}">

<navigation:Frame x:Name="ContentFrame" Style="{StaticResource ContentFrameStyle}" 
                                  Source="/Home" Navigated="ContentFrame_Navigated" NavigationFailed="ContentFrame_NavigationFailed">
            <navigation:Frame.UriMapper>
              <uriMapper:UriMapper>
                <uriMapper:UriMapping Uri="" MappedUri="/Views/Home.xaml"/>
                <uriMapper:UriMapping Uri="/{pageName}" MappedUri="/Views/{pageName}.xaml"/>
              </uriMapper:UriMapper>
            </navigation:Frame.UriMapper>
          </navigation:Frame>
        </Border>

<Grid x:Name="NavigationGrid" Style="{StaticResource NavigationGridStyle}">

<Border x:Name="BrandingBorder" Style="{StaticResource BrandingBorderStyle}">
            <StackPanel x:Name="BrandingStackPanel" Style="{StaticResource BrandingStackPanelStyle}">

<ContentControl Style="{StaticResource LogoIcon}"/>
              <TextBlock x:Name="ApplicationNameTextBlock" Style="{StaticResource ApplicationNameStyle}" 
                                   Text="Anwendungsname"/>

</StackPanel>
          </Border>

<Border x:Name="LinksBorder" Style="{StaticResource LinksBorderStyle}">
            <StackPanel x:Name="LinksStackPanel" Style="{StaticResource LinksStackPanelStyle}">

<HyperlinkButton x:Name="Link1" Style="{StaticResource LinkStyle}" 
                                         NavigateUri="/Home" TargetName="ContentFrame" Content="Startseite"/>

<Rectangle x:Name="Divider1" Style="{StaticResource DividerStyle}"/>

<HyperlinkButton x:Name="Link2" Style="{StaticResource LinkStyle}" 
                                         NavigateUri="/About" TargetName="ContentFrame" Content="Info"/>

</StackPanel>
          </Border>

</Grid>

</Grid>

</UserControl>

Sunday, November 21, 2010 10:28 AM
  • Hi,

Navigation Framework is much more easier to manage.

But it depends on what kind of application you are developing.

Regards

Sunday, November 21, 2010 10:35 AM
  • I want to develop an online shop. but the online shop is in asp.net and the management tool i want to develop in silverlight.
    i thinks thats possible but im not sure. what would you recommend for me ?

Sunday, November 21, 2010 10:37 AM
  • Navigation framework sounds like it would probably work well for your needs.

Monday, November 29, 2010 10:46 AM