none
Questions regarding Office.js RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

i have started using office.js and have couple of questions

1) can we get signature line in docx file using office.js. i know we can do this at server level using openXMLsdk but can we get using office.js so i can save server-client request

2) i can read whole document using office.js(Office.context.document.getFileAsync(Office.FileType.Text)) then encode it using  OSF.OUtil.encodeBase64(resultSlice.value.data);  and save it at server. what i want is to get bytes back from the server and paste it document level ( replacing whole document and putting new bytes as text) using office.js?

or thats not possible bcz i know we can create openxml sturcture and can replace document using  Office.context.document.setSelectedDataAsync but its only for selected data.i want for whole document.

3) can i add signature line using office.js

4) can i dectect changes made in document using office.js like change event that we can bind at document level

any help will be appreciated. i know these are many questions but i need guidance

information seker

Friday, June 14, 2013 2:19 PM

Answers

• Hi,

1) A user would need to select the signature line in order to get the signature line image. The certificate associated with the signature line is not returned in the ooxml.

2) There is no way to replace a user's content without a binding or selection. You can create a brand new Word document and have the customer download that via the app. This would open up a brand new istance of Word in protected view. If you get the user to select the entire document you can write over it. If the entire document is in a binding you can read/write to it.

3) You can not add signature line using office.js

4) Currently, there is no support selection change events at the document level. Can I ask what you need to use a data change event at the document level for? I will forward the reason for future API design

Friday, June 21, 2013 3:31 AM

All replies

• I don't think these request could be done with JavaScript API for Office. It cannot replace the traditional COM APIs.

John

Thursday, June 20, 2013 6:04 AM
  • Hi,

1) A user would need to select the signature line in order to get the signature line image. The certificate associated with the signature line is not returned in the ooxml.

2) There is no way to replace a user's content without a binding or selection. You can create a brand new Word document and have the customer download that via the app. This would open up a brand new istance of Word in protected view. If you get the user to select the entire document you can write over it. If the entire document is in a binding you can read/write to it.

3) You can not add signature line using office.js

4) Currently, there is no support selection change events at the document level. Can I ask what you need to use a data change event at the document level for? I will forward the reason for future API design

Friday, June 21, 2013 3:31 AM
  • Hi,

thanks for reply

basically m building an office app that will let user to sign word document at server level . thats why i need all these requirements

it will be really good if these will or most of them will be included in next version.

Regards

information seker

Wednesday, July 3, 2013 9:46 AM