Inconsistant Display of Web Pages using ASP.NET and C# RRS feed

• Question

• User569238728 posted

My project is two users passing a code to one another, a turn based guess the number program on a webpage, it has a receive function and a send function and uses a thread.  I don't think this is very important concerning the answer.

I am having problems, my pages are not loading, it is happening irregularly.  They'll work for bit and than won't.  This is in regards to  the iis server with a web browser, and using VS with the right click to view in the browser, and using VS with the Debug->Start with and without debugging.  I have tried changing the default browser.

I have a default page that uses a link to connect to another page and sometimes one or the other will not display, it's fairly usual.  It's like I'm paranoid and someone's is messing with me, it'll work for awhile and than it won't, it's terrible.

For awhile the server version seemed to be working but when I changed the code to simplify, putting a return in the code for example, the code pages (one or the other) didn't load up on the server  anymore.  I tried restarting the page, restarting VS, and rebooting windows, this didn't work.  

I also just removed the thread programming and ran it on the server, the server still didn't load it up.  I also removed all the code from the Page_Load and tried that, this didn't work.  When debugging the code it will step through everything (even if it's wrong.)  I just tried to remove all the functions and it seemed to work, however this will most likely change.

I can supply code if necessary.

Is there a Guru out there?  Please, Please, Please help with a solution,  Someone must know, thank you,

Josh

I also used Response.Write.

Sunday, September 22, 2019 1:55 PM

Answers

• User379720387 posted

I have my code to be 100% reliable, provided there are no issues.

Almost all issues show up in the debugger, marked by a squiggly. 

For a subset of those the squiggly is not in the right place.

Long story short I suspect you have an issue.

Add some troubleshooting code (email or SMS) to see if you pages are being hit when you think they are not.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Sunday, September 22, 2019 5:39 PM

All replies

• User569238728 posted

Hmm...found an error in my SendMessage routine.  Is this behavior really just errors?  The debugger doesn't seem to catch them.

Sunday, September 22, 2019 2:14 PM
  • User379720387 posted

I have my code to be 100% reliable, provided there are no issues.

For a subset of those the squiggly is not in the right place.

Long story short I suspect you have an issue.

Add some troubleshooting code (email or SMS) to see if you pages are being hit when you think they are not.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Sunday, September 22, 2019 5:39 PM
  • User569238728 posted

You're right, the code now displays all of my Responsive.Writes().    I wrote some testing code too.  I can't believe how it was behaving!  Most of the troubles were conditional statements with session/application variables and also using conditions with vars instead of strings.

wavemaster

I'm glad to hear it, this is my first attempt using threads and also ASP.NET/C#.

Sincerely,

Josh

Funny though, if I remember right the debugger seems to just go through those statements, it does do the values right though I think.

Sunday, September 22, 2019 8:06 PM