none
Repeat column to fill width RRS feed

All replies

• I almost have this working now with a matrix/list (horizontal table) trick. I was hoping to let it fill out horizontally until it hit the right side of the page, but that didn't work, so I had to specify a certain number of columns.

What I'm stuck at now is a weird formatting issue with column widths.

Currently I have a table with two groups. Both groups have some text being displayed. Group 2 also has a second row which contains my matrix.

What I've found is that if I stretch the table to the full width of the page, my group text displays fine, but the table grows in width due to the matrix getting wider. In order to get the table to expand only to the width of the page, I've made the table the width of one of my matrix columns. For instance, if I have 2 columns, the table is 1/2 the width of the page. For 3 columns, the table is 1/3.

However, making the table width narrower than the page introduced another problem. Both groups have 2 cells. The first cell of each group is left-aligned, the second cell is right aligned. The first cells don't grow in width, so long text gets wrapped, even though the table has grown and there actually is plenty of room.

My explanation probably isn't very good. It's a hard to describe problem. I almost need some kind of way for the group cells to grow in width, but I don't think that works, even if CanGrow is true. Either that or some way to keep the table from growing until the matrix needs more width.

Monday, September 13, 2010 10:09 PM
  • Hi uler3161,

Just follow this link.You may get want you want.

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/chrishays/archive/2004/07/23/horizontaltables.aspx

Wednesday, September 15, 2010 1:07 PM
  • I did see that, and I implemented it, but it's not quite what I want. It has fixed rows and dynamic columns. I need something more like dynamic rows and dynamic columns.Thanks though.
    Wednesday, September 15, 2010 1:46 PM