none
Can we add a button to a Visio Shape Data section ? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We are using custom shapes and we are able to view the properties of these shapes in visio shape data window.

We have a requirement for importing data from database. The user should be able to click on a button and load the shape's properties from database.

We need to display the button on visio shape data section. Please let us know if a button can be added to visio shape data section.

Friday, June 17, 2011 12:21 PM

All replies

• You can choose the wizard to import, the wizard (MPP file type, data from Microsoft Excel, text 
    files, and MPX files)
    Next to select the resulting drawing type (Gantt Chart Drawing and Timeline Drawing) for the imported data.
    Wednesday, June 22, 2011 3:40 AM
  • Actually we are using custom shapes. Had we used the built in stencil and it's shapes, the import functionality would have worked. But as we  are using custom stencils we can't use Import functionality.

We need an interface on the shape data window for user to invoke and get the data from database.

Wednesday, June 22, 2011 12:17 PM
  • Single dialog box

1. From Windows and Dialogs, drag a Blank form shape onto the drawing page.
    2. With the shape selected, type a title for the dialog box.
    3. Drag a Window button shape onto the right end of the title bar and select the button type. There are typically a Help button and a Close button, arranged left to right.
    4. Add command buttons, such as OKCancel, and Apply, to the lower right corner of the Blank form shape.

application window

1. From Windows and Dialogs, drag a Blank form shape onto the drawing page.
    2. With the shape selected, type a title for the application window.
    3. To add an icon to the left of the text in the title bar, right-click the Blank formshape and check the Room for Icon check box.
    4. Drag a Window buttons shape onto the right end of the title bar and select the button type. There are typically three buttons: a Minimize button, aMaximize or Restore button, and a Close button, arranged left to right.
    5. From Toolbars and Menus, drag a Menu bar shape onto the Blank formshape, glue it to the bottom of the title bar, and then add menu items.

1. Drag appropriate controls onto the Blank form shape. Right-click the shapes to choose options as appropriate.
    Thursday, June 23, 2011 4:51 PM
  • Thanks for marking my answer as helpful one

Regards

Mona

Saturday, June 25, 2011 7:01 PM
  • I mean to ask that can we add a button or any other control to a Visio Shape's Custom Property Window? It is possible to add properties, but I would like to know if it is possible to add a button to Custom Property window.

I want to populate data into Visio shape's custom property window, once the user clicks on the button in the custom property window. Please let me know if such feature can be implemented.

Wednesday, June 29, 2011 5:14 PM
  • We are not using Visio Add-In project. Can anyone please suggest if we can use a Command bar for such scenarios.
    Wednesday, July 13, 2011 8:51 AM