none
How to send a hidden value with outlook attachments......in C# RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

1.  I have a sharepoint link......

2. In outlook i attach some sharepoint files and some local files(i use some form to pick the files from sharepoint link)......

3. when click send i add sharepoint link for the attached document is add to the html body.........

4. At receiver side i want to remove the attachments (which is attached from sharepoint only.......others should remain)..

5. So i want to add some identifications with the sharepoint attachments.....

Pls help......

Thanks in advance....

Monday, May 4, 2015 10:31 AM

Answers

• Hello,

The Attachments class provides the Add method which creates a new attachment in the Attachments collection. The source of the attachment can be a file (represented by the full file system path with a file name) or an Outlook item that constitutes the attachment. There is no built-in mechanisms for attaching documents from SharePoint. You need to download files and then attach them using the Add method.

If you add links to the message body you can parse the body on the receiver's side and remove links pointing to the SharePoint documents. There is no need to add any indicators because the Attachment collection will contain only items added manually.

Anyway, you may add a user property to the message. Be aware, such property should be defined on the receiver's inbox to prevent properties from vanishing on the recipient's side. See Changes to custom properties in Outlook for more information.

• Marked as answer by L.HlModerator Tuesday, May 19, 2015 12:02 AM
    Monday, May 4, 2015 11:43 AM