Container Access in Windows Azure Storage Resets to Private RRS feed

• Question

• Hi
    We are new to Windows azure though we have learnt good amount of things and are quite fast learners.
    We have used Windows azure storage for blob objects while developing sitefinity application but this storage access resets to private automatically after certain time period (30 mins or so) and then the pages where these images are accessed are stopped displaying.
    Please check the file attached to see the screenshot.
    Then we have to manually login into windows azure storage and set this to Public Blob or Public Container and then it start displaying.
    Please help me to solve this. I think I am missing some settings for this.
    Wednesday, February 26, 2014 9:37 AM

Answers

• Hi,

By default, the new container is private and you must specify your storage access key to download blobs from this container. If you want to make the files within the container available to everyone, you can set the container to be public using the following code:

container.SetPermissions(
        new BlobContainerPermissions { PublicAccess = 
        BlobContainerPublicAccessType.Blob }); 

Anyone on the Internet can see blobs in a public container, but you can modify or delete them only if you have the appropriate access key.

See more at: http://www.windowsazure.com/en-us/documentation/articles/storage-dotnet-how-to-use-blobs-20/

If I misunderstand, please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, February 27, 2014 6:20 AM